I'm Goin' to Praiseland/References
Wikisimpsons - The Simpsons Wiki
- The title of the episode is a reference to the Paul Simon song "Graceland", in which he repeatedly sings the line "I'm going to Graceland".
- When Professor Frink is kicked by Mootilda, he exclaims "Ivan Reitman!"
- Reverend Lovejoy says that people call Rachel Jordan "the Christian Madonna".
- Principal Skinner says that Heaven wasn't clouds and harps, like the end of many The Three Stooges shorts.
- In Disco Stu's discothèque vision of Heaven:
- In Comic Book Guy's vision of Heaven:
- He is cast as Spock from Star Trek and serving on board the Enterprise.
- Captain Kirk's command chair starts shaking, and CBG says "Shazbot! My captain is in peril", referencing Mork & Mindy.
- After CBG saves Kirk, Uhura says that she wants to make out with him, and so do Catwoman (Batman) and Agent 99 (Get Smart).
- The refreshment stand menus are written on "stone" tablets like the Ten Commandments.
- This episode is a sequel to "Alone Again, Natura-Diddily".
- The last time something Ned owned leaked gas and created hallucinations was in "Skinner's Sense of Snow".
- The amusement park Ned purchases, Storytown Village, was first visited by the Simpsons in "Lisa the Vegetarian".
- At the church Ice Cream Social, Homer and Marge are seen in two places.
- When the citizens are leaving the park in disappointment, Manjula, who is behind Apu, is yellow, has brown hair, and is wearing blue clothes.
- Apu, despite being a practicing Hindu, goes to Praiseland, a Christianity-based theme-park.
- Of all the outfits Ned preserved in the closet, not one of them was the outfit that Maude wore every day (pink vest/pink blouse/skirt ensemble)
- The hand stamp that says "PRAISELAND" is too big for most of the character's hands.
- After Helen Lovejoy makes a very tall stack of ice cream scoops on the cone, she is wearing lipstick.
- When Professor Frink showcases his cow, Brandine Spuckler's belly is drawn the same color of green as the top garment she wears instead of yellow.
- Once, when Martin Prince Sr. is seen among other attendees at the church's ice cream social, his hair is blond.