| Country Information
Argentina is a country in South America.
When Bart calls Argentina, to see if their water drains clockwise, he ends up phoning Adolf Hitler. However, Bart hangs up before Hitler has a chance to answer the phone. The country is also seen on Bart's globe a number of times.
While Krusty delivers Bart a pizza at Burns' manor, a re-run of The Krusty the Clown Show airs, in which Krusty announces that Argentina has invaded the Falkland Islands.
Buenos Aires was proposed as an Olympics host city, and Argentina was represented at the International Olympic Committee meeting, along with France, Germany, Japan, Mongolia, Poland, Russia, Saudi Arabia and Switzerland.
Argentina participated in the 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympics.
When saying goodbye to the beached whale, Bluella, Lisa says "send me a postcard from Tierra del Fuego".
|The contents of this article or section are considered to be non-canon and therefore may not have actually happened or existed.|
When world peace is declared, the UN representatives of Argentina and England hug, with the former saying "we kinda knew they were yours", a reference to the Falkland Islands.
Behind the Laughter
- The segment of "Bart vs. Australia" involving Adolf Hitler refers to a conspiracy theory that he survived World War II and escaped to Argentina. Had Hitler indeed survived, he would have been 105 years of age at the time the episode aired.
Rosarita, the tango teacher Bart has a lesson with, appears to be Argentinian.
- THOH – "Treehouse of Horror II" (UN representative)
- Episode – "Burns' Heir" (mentioned)
- Episode – "Bart vs. Australia"
- Episode – "The Old Man and the "C" Student" (IOC representative)
- Episode – "Boy Meets Curl"
- Episode – "The Squirt and the Whale" (Tierra del Fuego mentioned)
- Episode – "The Kid Is All Right"
- Episode – "Girls Just Shauna Have Fun" (mentioned)
- Book – The Book of Moe (mentioned)
- Merchandise – The Simpsons Calendar 2013 The Simpsons 2013 Fun Calendar