Wikisimpsons - The Simpsons Wiki
- The title is a play on the 1981 movie Mommie Dearest.
- Marge tells the kids to "Stow it!", a catchphrase used by Mel Sharples in the sitcom Alice.
- When Moe's has closed down, Barney sings "Danny Boy" by Frederic Weatherly.
- Due to the closure of his bar, Moe tells his patrons to get their beer from a gay bar across the street, "The League of Extra-Horny Gentlemen" (a play on The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen) from which "Can't Get You out of My Head" by Kylie Minogue is playing. This is a reference to Minogue's status as a gay icon.
- The scene where there's a new computer-animated movie from DreamWorks, Cards, parodies many other computer-animated movies, specifically Disney/Pixar's Cars, in the way that DreamWorks seems to always use similar themes for their CGI films.
- On the scene when Marge and Homer are in the Movies, there's a reference to the movie A Few Good Men on the movie trailer, when the Jack says "You can't handle the twos" (Sounding like Jack Nicholson's line "You can't handle the truth!")
- When Homer makes a puck of his lips to kiss Marge, she goes away and Homer instead uses the puck of his lips to play the trombone where he plays "Greensleeves".
- In the scene where Homer chases Moe and Marge's plane on the tarmac is a spoof on the Jim Carrey movie Liar, Liar.
- The snippet of music played as the hot air balloons float above Paris is "La Vie en Rose".
- Over the end credits, Homer and Marge sing Captain & Tennille's song "Love Will Keep Us Together"; this was actually a deleted scene from "Co-Dependent's Day".
- This episode was dedicated to the memory of Johnny Carson, who died a week before this episode aired.
- On the map in the aircraft, Springfield is shown in the middle of the ocean.
- This episode actually has some of the most noises made by the rarely-speaking barflies Sam and Larry. They both unenthusiastically moan "Ugggh".
- Homer calls himself "Jerkass Homer", a possible nod to what Simpsons fans called him during the Mike Scully Era in seasons 9-12.
- Among the mourners seen alongside the regular barflies at the wake: Duffman, Dr. Nick, Kirk Van Houten, Surly Duff and a Leprechaun.
- When Marge tells Homer she and Moe are going to Aruba. The alarm clock changes from digital to analog.
- Itchy & Scratchy Land is shown to be within a few hours driving distance of Springfield. However, in Itchy & Scratchy Land, it is shown to be several thousand miles away.
- It's possible that a new park was built closer to Springfield.
- When Moe sees the image of Homer on the plane monitor, Sea Captain has Carl's colors.