All's Fair in Oven War/References
Wikisimpsons - The Simpsons Wiki
"All's Fair in Oven War"
- Thomas Pynchon, an author famous for being a recluse, looks just like he did in "Diatribe of a Mad Housewife" with a paper bag over his head.
- The headline "Father of Eight Missing" and a picture of Apu appears on the front page of the news paper that Marge is reading. This happens shortly after Apu "jokes" about leaving his family and changing his name to Steve Barnes. The headline of The New Delhi Daily, which Homer was reading, was "Steve Barnes Opens Convenience Store".
- It takes two years for the contractor to rebuild the kitchen, however, nobody has appeared to have aged.
- The kitchen is back to normal in the next episode.
- When airing on Channel 4 in the UK, the final scene of the Hillbilles shooting was cut when as Brandine got out of the car.
- It is likely that Homer's pose in the promotional image inspired his figurine in the Greetings from Springfield: The Simpsons Limited Edition Figurine Collection series.
- Ms. Albright's hair is white in the church scene.
- Ruth Powers goes from the Ovenfresh Bakeoff, to outside the Simpsons' house, back to the Bakeoff in a very short time period.
- After Homer's Playdude magazines have been cut out by Marge, the women on the front covers are already cut out. But after Bart and Milhouse find the magazines in the trash, the women on the front covers have not been cut out.
- Angelo makes another appearance, saying that he "just like[s] to kiss", rather than "chew". ("Large Marge")