Wikisimpsons - The Simpsons Wiki
- The title is a reference to Gangsta rap.
- The rapper Alcatraaz is a parody of Southern Rapper Ludacris due to his ecstatic character, faint resemblance to Luda, and gangsta like tendencies (such as when he said he was going to go "murder his enemies")
- Similarly, Queen Booty Shaykah is a parody of Queen Latifah.
- The clock necklace seen in the footage of the rap concert is a part of Flavor Flav's iconic stage costume. However, he does not set it to the actual time, and instead sets it to 3, 6, 9 or 12 o'clock to represent something (for example, 12 o'clock is "straight up").
- The jokes about Kirk getting trailer time with Springfield's craziest chicks is a reference to the many jailed serial killers (such as Susan Smith) who have placed ads looking for a partner and gotten thousands of responses.
- Chief Wiggum calls Bart "Bratty Hearst" after Bart asks Wiggum not to arrest Milhouse's dad. This name is a reference to Patty Hearst, the newspaper heiress who was kidnapped in 1974 and who eventually bonded with her captors, famously helping them in the armed robbery of a bank.
- When Santa's Little Helper barks, the TV shows a Spanish-language version of Wheel of Fortune.
- TV Guide initially reported that Dave Chapelle would guest star in this episode.
- Early reports said that Bart had recorded a song with 50 Cent, but no such song appears in the episode.
- On rare occasions, A hip hop clap beat accompanying the Gracie Films Jingle is sometimes used, There is also a hip hop clap beat over the 20th Century Fox logo too with a DJ scratch sound at the end replacing a quarter of the fanfare.
- When Lisa says "The TV changes channels every time the dog barks", the packet of potato chips has disappeared. When Homer chases Santa's Little Helper saying "Lousy American-made dog", the packet has reappeared.
- It is likely just hidden behind the dog due to the angle.
- When Bart is hiding from Homer and Marge near the window, Bart is far enough out on the lawn for Homer and Marge to see him easily.
- Bart's bedroom is in a different position than it is in other episodes.
- As Chief Wiggum says "Questions?!?" and pulls off his napkin the shaving cream on his face instantly disappears.
- Chief Wiggum tells Barney Fife that his "fat" has grown over his badge. He demonstrates this by lifting the fat so the viewers can see the police badge. However, in the next scene viewers can easily see the badge without Wiggum lifting up his fat.