Baby on Board
- For the album version, see Homer's Barbershop Quartet (Medley).
| Baby on Board
| Song Information
Homer had the idea while he was trying to create a song for The Be Sharps and Marge showed him a Baby On Board sign she was going to put in her car. This song ended up being the number one hit of The Be Sharps and some years after the quartet split, they re-joined on top of Moe's Tavern to sing this song.
- Seymour Skinner:
- Ba-bum, bum bum.
- The Be Sharps:
- Baby on board, how I've adored
- That sign on my car's windowpane.
- Bounce in my step,
- Loaded with pep,
- 'Cause I'm driving in the carpool lane.
- Call me a square,
- Friend, I don't care.
- That little yellow sign can't be ignored.
- I'm telling you it's mighty nice.
- Each trip's a trip to paradise
- With my baby on board!
Behind the Laughter
This song was also part of the album Songs in the Key of Springfield.
The Be Sharps
|Homer Simpson • Apu DeBeaumarchais • Seymour Skinner • Barney Gumble|
|Meet The Be Sharps • Bigger Than Jesus|
|Bethlehem Barbershop • Bigger Than Baby Jesus!!|
|"Hello My Honey/Hello My Baby" • "Goodbye, My Coney Island Baby" • "Baby on Board" • "Call C. Everett Koop"|
|"Homer's Barbershop Quartet"|
|"Santa Baby on Board" • "I'll Be (Sharp) Home For Christmas" • "Hark! The Herald Angels Hear Us Sing (And Love US)!"|
|Outstanding Soul, Spoken Word, or Barbershop Album of the Year (1987)|