The Amendment Song
Wikisimpsons - The Simpsons Wiki
| "The Amendment Song"
| Song Information
"The Amendment Song" is a song sung by the Amendment To Be and a kid.
- Amendment To Be:
- I'm not garbage.
- I'm an Amendment-to-Be,
- Yes, an Amendment-to-Be,
- And I'm hopin' that they'll ratify me.
- There's a lot of flag burners
- Who have got too much freedom,
- I wanna make it legal
- For policemen to beat 'em.
- 'Cos there's limits to our liberties,
- Least I hope and pray that there are,
- 'Cos those liberal freaks go too far.
- Why can't we just make a law against flag burning?
- Because that law would be unconstitutional. But if we change the Constitution—
- Then we could make all sorts of crazy laws.
- Now you're catching on.
- What if people say you're not good enough to be in the Constitution?
- Then I'll crush all opposition to me,
- And I'll make Ted Kennedy pay.
- If he fights back, I'll say that he's gay.
Behind the Laughter