In the Garden of Eden
| "In the Garden of Eden"
| Song Information
"In the Garden of Eden" is a song sung by the congregation of the First Church of Springfield.
As a prank on the entire congregation of the First Church of Springfield, Bart passed out sheet music of the "hymn" "In the Garden of Eden", with composer credit given to "I. Ron Butterfly".
- [Helen Feesh plays opening riff]
- In the Garden of Eden, honey,
- Don't you know that I love you?
- In the Garden of Eden, baby,
- Don't you know that I'll always be true?
- [Bart laughs evilly]
- [Marge giggles and then shushes Homer]
- [Helen Feesh plays the lengthy instrumental interlude until the congregation comes back in]
- Oh won't you come with me-ee-ee,
- And take my ha-a-and?
- Oh, won't you come with me-ee-ee,
- Reverend Lovejoy:
- Wait a minute, this sounds like rock and/or roll!
- And walk this land?
- [Helen Feesh plays the rest of the 17-minute song and then faints, collapsing on the keyboards]
Behind the Laughter
- The song is a parody of "In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida" by Iron Butterfly, written by Doug Ingle.
- The song is the thirty-fourth track on the album Songs in the Key of Springfield and the track is a medley of the songs "From God's Brain to Your Mouth" (0:19) and "In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida" (1:45).
- Episode – "Bart Sells His Soul"
- Episode – "All Singing, All Dancing"
- Album – Songs in the Key of Springfield