The Day the Violence Died (Medley)
|"The Day the Violence Died (Medley)"|
| Song Information
"The Day the Violence Died (Medley)" is a track from Go Simpsonic with The Simpsons. It is the eleventh track on the album and consists of the songs "Not Jazz Chor, But Sad Chor" and "The Amendment Song" from the episode "The Day the Violence Died".
Not Jazz Chor, but Sad Chor
- Well, Itchy & Scratchy are gone. But here's a cartoon that tries to make learning fun. [laughs and then groans] Sorry about this kids, but we have some real good toy commercials coming up. I swear!
The Amendment Song
- Hey, who left all this garbage on the steps of congress?
- Amendment To Be:
- I'm not garbage.
- I'm an Amendment-to-Be,
- Yes, an Amendment-to-Be,
- And I'm hopin' that they'll ratify me.
- There's a lot of flag burners
- Who have got too much freedom,
- I wanna make it legal
- For policemen to beat 'em.
- 'Cos there's limits to our liberties,
- Least I hope and pray that there are,
- 'Cos those liberal freaks go too far.
- Why can't we just make a law against flag burning?
- Because that law would be unconstitutional. But if we change the Constitution—
- Then we could make all sorts of crazy laws.
- Now you're catching on.
- What the hell is this?
- It's one of those campy '70s throwbacks that appeals to Generation X-ers.
- We need another Vietnam, then out their ranks a little.
- What if people say you're not good enough to be in the Constitution?
- Then I'll crush all opposition to me,
- And I'll make Ted Kennedy pay.
- If he fights back, I'll say that he's gay.
- Great news, Amendment! They ratified ya! You're in the U.S. Constitution!
- Oh yeah! Doors open, boys!
- [various amendments storm the steps of congress whooping, cheering and bringing guns and bombs]
- So it's true! Some cartoons do encourage violence! [hits Bart]
Behind the Laughter