Wild Barts Can't Be Broken/References
Wikisimpsons - The Simpsons Wiki
"Wild Barts Can't Be Broken"
- Milhouse is seen watching the children's TV show Teletubbies (right) before switching to the movie commercial.
- The Bloodening (the movie being shown at the drive-in) is based on the horror films Children of the Corn and Children of the Damned.
- The scene where the kids take the different electronics through the fence parodies scenes from The Little Rascals, including Milhouse dressed as Alfalfa.
- The scene where people are running out of the movie theater is a clear reference to a scene from The Blob.
- The song near the end of the episode parodies the song "Kids" from Bye Bye Birdie.
- Grampa's line, "We're gonna gonna teach you rugrats a lesson", may be a reference to the long-running Nickelodeon animated series Rugrats, but it's also possible that Grampa is using the word in its slang sense, as a pejorative term for children.
- The order the kids are sitting in at the drive-in changes.
- When the kids plan their revenge at the billboard, Lewis' and Sherri or Terri's voices can be heard, even though they were not present.
- In two shots at Moe's, Lenny's shirt is lime-green.
- When the Gracie Films logo is shown in the closing sequence, when the woman says "Shh!", Increase shouts, "Don't tell me to shush, you stupid lady!"