Lisa Gets an "A"/References
Wikisimpsons - The Simpsons Wiki
- Crash Bandicoot - Dash Dingo is a parody of the character and series.
- PlayStation - Lisa plays Dash Dingo on a console that resembles a PlayStation.
- The Wind in the Willows - Lisa is assigned it for the book report.
- Super Nintendo Entertainment System - Ralph mispronounces Superintendent Chalmers's name as Super Nintendo Chalmers.
- Coleco Adam - The computer Gil sells to the school was made by Coleco, the toy company that produced the short-lived Adam computer.
- The title is a parody of an earlier episode title Bart Gets an "F", which was parodied earlier in Bart's Dog Gets an "F". Since Lisa cheated, a more appropriate title would have been Lisa Gets an F. The ending of the episode was also similar to Bart Gets an "F", where Lisa tapes the test with an "F" on it, stating that is her true grade that she deserved.
- During Lisa's daydream that she has failed to qualify for Harvard University and now must consider Brown University, she ends it by chanting "Brown, Brown, Brown" as she returns to reality. Ian Maxtone-Graham inserted that as a joke, as he is a graduate of Brown University.
- In the Oscar Meyer's periodic table, the element molybdenum replaced by "bolonium".
- Aside from bolognium, the rest of the Oscar Meyer periodic table appears mostly unaltered, except for being truncated on the right side. One notable exception is tungsten (W), which is changed to We on the periodic table, possibly signifying some version of the word "weiner"
- Wendell can be spotted with brown hair in a scene in the first part of the episode. He is also yellow in that shot. He appears in the second part of the episode with brown hair, but his skin is back to its normal color.
- When Chuck is seen in class, at one point, his shirt is lavender.
- Homer says he weighs 140 pounds while in other episodes he weighs 239 pounds. (But as Homer's drivers license would have his picture and his weight on it from when he was younger, he's probably just making a mistake of his own.)
- When Homer is talking to Mr. Pinchy in the bathroom when Homer weighs himself, his mouth's movements don't match the dialogue.
- When Ms. Hoover put Lisa's test down on her desk, the text was slanted, in the next shot, it wasn't.
- Part of the first piece of dialogue the real comptroller said did not match his mouth's movements.
- Chalmers said "Idiot" despite his mouth not opening.
- When Ralph comes to see Lisa, she is wearing her slippers. However, after he leaves and she drops the book on the floor, her slippers have gone.
- In the close-up of Lisa in Miss Hoover's class, Lewis is seen behind Lisa. Lewis is also miscolored.
- Two kids in the middle of the class (a boy just behind Ralph and a girl two desks behind Lisa) do not have test sheets, however they are shown writing on their desks.
- In the same scene, the globe's colors are inverted: the continents are blue and the oceans are green. Both errors can be seen in the screenshot to the right.