- This article is about the newspaper. For the building, see Springfield Shopper Building. For the wiki, see The Springfield Shopper (wiki).
| Springfield Shopper
| Newspaper Information
Springfield Shopper is the most popular and most dominant local newspaper in Springfield.
The paper was founded in 1883 by Johnny Newspaperseed, a small boy who travelled around America founding newspapers. The Shopper merged with the Springfield Times, Post, Globe, Herald, Jewish News, and Hot Sex Weekly, becoming Springfield's biggest paper.
The newspaper was also bought briefly by Charles Montgomery Burns, who was on a mission to control all the media in Springfield, and by the Movementarians, an evil cult who were attempting to brainwash all Springfieldians.
The newspaper started printing in color once, which caused outrage amongst Springfield's women. Marge didn't like the newspaper in color either; she didn't want to know what color the Statue of Liberty was.
The paper carries opinion, sports, food, world, arts, religion and leisure sections. It tends towards tabloid stories, with such headlines as 'Woman Weds Ape', 'Hippo promoted to detective' and 'Crazed Mom Goes Topless (Photos Pages 3–28)'. The cost of the newspaper tends to vary between nothing and $1.00, with the average price being 25¢.
When Homer goes to live in an apartment with two gay men, one of them is seen reading The New York Times. Homer is surprised and asks why is he reading the NYT even though he doesn't live in New York. He replies its because all the headlines are a joke in The Springfield Shopper.
Behind the Laughter
An 8-paged Springfield Shopper has been published, written by Simpsons creator Matt Groening himself. It was found inside a newspaper as an feature to advertise The Simpsons Movie. The Springfield Shopper has been published in Springfield, IL since 1975.
- Episode – "Simpsons Roasting on an Open Fire"
- Episode – "Homer's Odyssey"
- Episode – "Home Sweet Homediddly-Dum-Doodily"
- Episode – "Homer to the Max"
- Episode – "Labor Pains"
- Episode – "Covercraft"
- Episode – "Walking Big & Tall"
- Episode – "My Fare Lady"
- Episode – "The Princess Guide"
- Episode – "Simprovised" (mentioned)
- Episode – "Springfield Splendor"
- Episode – "My Way or the Highway to Heaven"
- Episode – "Go Big or Go Homer"
- Episode – "The Fat Blue Line"
- Special – Join The Simpsons at the Daytona 500 (logo)
- Special – Happy Daytona Day (logo)
- Special – A Tale of Two Trumps
- Commercial – Crime of the Century
- Comic story – The Amazing Colossal Homer
- Comic story – Simpsons Comics 19 (cover)
- Comic story – Sense and Censorability
- Comic story – How the Vest Was Won!
- Comic story – Mayor Me a Little
- Comic story – The Paper Chase
- Comic story – Judge Marge
- Comic story – Viva Bart
- Comic story – The Homer Effect
- Comic story – The Principal of the Thing
- Comic story – Lisa in the Middle
- Comic story – The Burger Kings of Comedy!
- Video game – The Simpsons Skateboarding