Wikisimpsons - The Simpsons Wiki
< Pin Gal
- The episode title is a reference to the Pin Pals bowling team.
- Carl is seen reading the Brunswick Ball Catalog, a reference to the Brunswick Corporation which makes bowling balls.
- Terrence asks the Pin Pals if they knew that John Waters wore bowling shirts. They reply in unison, "Yes."
- Barney's Bowlarama is endorsed by ZZ Top, who Homer says is popular with the kids.
- The Buzz Cola machine appears to be from the 1960s:
- The Flower power graphics.
- The peace sign symbol.
- The wording, "Turn On Tune In Buzz Off" is a parody of the expression "Turn on, tune in, drop out".
- The coin slot shows the price is 25¢.
- Ms. Time Waster is a reference to Ms. Pac-Man.
- "Hells Bells" by AC/DC plays when Marge is bowling.
- Homer imagines Marge bowling similar to Fred Flintstone from The Flintstones, with her running up to the alley on her toes. He also imagines an octopus setting up the pins after. Homer then asks Marge if they can have bronto burgers that night and Marge tells Homer that he isn't Fred Flintstone. Homer then responds with "Yabba dabba d'oh!", a combination of Fred Flintstone's catchphrase "Yabba dadda doo!" and Homer's catchphrase of "D'oh!"
- Marge gives Terrence a Best Buy gift card for any damage she caused to his microphone.
- When Marge is imagining bowling pins and the best way to knock them down, the theme from The Queen's Gambit by Carlos Rafael Rivera plays. It also plays when Homer is imagining creating a pizza.
- When Marge throws the bowling ball out the window, "Ramblin' Man" by The Allman Brothers Band plays.
- Jacques sings "Come Bowl with Me", a parody of the song "Come Fly with Me" by Frank Sinatra.
- The Old Jewish man says that there will never be another Tony Orlando whilst on the phone.
- Grampa uses Facebook.
- When Homer and Jacques start fighting, "Duel of the Fates" by John Williams from Star Wars plays.
- "Ride of the Valkyries" by Richard Wagner plays when Marge and Jacques are bowling.
- Barney's Bowlarama has a picture of Al Gumble and Joey on the wall. ("And Maggie Makes Three")
- Marge has a flashback to the time where Jacques taught her how to bowl. Jacques also talks about the events of that episode. ("Life on the Fast Lane")
- Among the pictures on the wall of Barney's Bowlarama are:
- Patty and Selma in DMV Regulation Kings uniforms. ("Team Homer")
- The Holy Rollers. ("Team Homer")
- Homer after bowling a perfect game. ("Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder")
- Grampa has a picture of him and Philip Hefflin in his room. ("Mad About the Toy")
- Homer's flashbacks of the times he disappointed Marge:
- Getting married to Amber Simpson. ("Viva Ned Flanders")
- Ogling at Maude Flanders. ("The War of the Simpsons")
- Pleading with Marge and the kids. ("Brawl in the Family")
- Running out of the theater with his butt stuck in a chair. ("Walking Big & Tall")
- Dancing with Princess Kashmir. ("Homer's Night Out")
- Crashing his ice cream truck outside the house. ("Ice Cream of Margie (with the Light Blue Hair)")
- Wearing a welcome mat as pants. ("Summer of 4 Ft. 2")