The Day the Earth Stood Cool/Quotes
Wikisimpsons - The Simpsons Wiki
"The Day the Earth Stood Cool"
- Terrence: Sorry, gents, we're fresh out. I only make one batch a day. When they're gone, I'm done.
- Homer: Oh, no more donuts?!
- Clancy Wiggum: Make more or I shoot! I'm not bluffing. Come on. What have I become? It's not a good feeling when you're saying, "what have I become?" more than once a day.
- Marge: Maggie's a little hungry.
- Emily: Oh, you can go ahead and feed her. Corduroy could probably use a snack.
- Marge: Hmm, that's not applesauce.
- Emily: Oh, uh, you don't have to be uncomfortable around another nursing mom. Breast-feeding's just a healthy thing we all do.
- Marge: It sure is! There's nothing more natural than... that. It's just that Maggie's already milked me today.
- Emily: I'm sorry we judged you, Marge. Your formula saved us all.
- Marge: I guess I do feel a little bad about not breastfeeding my kids. Except Lisa. I breastfeed Lisa for nine months.
- Marge: Maybe we shouldn't rush things with the new neighbors. You know, we might not all be a perfect match.
- Homer: I have a plan to deal with that. Step one: Change everything about ourselves until we are super-cool. The end.
- Marge: But I always thought you were cool.
- Homer: Honey, I'm not cool. I was never cool. I didn't go to college. Every CD I have, I bought at a car wash. Black-and-white films make me angry. I can't pronounce "artisanal." I only know David Cross from the Chipmunks movie. Not only do I like Van Halen, but I think they keep getting better.
- Marge: Oh...
- Homer: But if me and my kids do the same stuff as Terrence and his kids, I could be a cool dad.
- Marge: Well, sweetie, if it's that important to you, I guess we can try.
- Homer: Thanks, baby. Here, have a bracelet made of a '70s educational film strip.
- Marge: Ooh, hygiene!
- Marge: Are you wearing a wallet chain? You look like a barista!
- Homer: Well, you won't be laughing when you see how many pickpockets this thing catches.