In the Name of the Grandfather/Quotes
Wikisimpsons - The Simpsons Wiki
"In the Name of the Grandfather"
- Marge: I feel like we should get out.
- Homer: Interesting proposal. And now, with a opposing point of view, bubbles!
- Bart: A house and garden show?
- [Bart, Lisa and Homer groan]
- Bart: You told me we were going to a video game expo!
- Lisa: You told me we were going to clean trash on the freeway!
- Homer: You told me something but I wasn't listening!
- Ned Flanders: Guys, could you cool your jets? Some of us are trying to sleep.
- Homer: Why don't you join us, Flanders? Are you afraid to get your moustache wet?
- Ned: Well, actually, yes.
- Bart: Come on, Ned. Baptize your buns.
- Irish pilot: Welcome to Ireland. Also known as the Emerald Isle, Potatoville, East Boston, Freckle Bog, the Land of Poetry and the Land of Bad Poetry.
- Lisa: Ireland is the leader in communication technologies in all of Europe.
- Bart: Take that, Belgium!
- Marge: Bart, if you hate Belgium so much, I'll take away your Tin Tins.
- Bart: No, I'll be good!
- Irish street musician: I'm trying to woo back a girl that I met in a music shop.
- [playing "Falling Slowly"]
- Irish street musician: Watch this, kids. "I don't know you, but I want you all the more..."
- Eastern European woman: Leave me alone! I have a husband!
- Eastern European man: And quit sending her pianos!
- [shoves a piano out the window]
- [After Homer opens a shipping crate]
- Grampa: Moe?! You shipped yourself here?
- Moe Szyslak: No, it's how you fly coach on Delta now.
- Irish police officer (1): So, it's a smoke-easy you're running then?
- Homer: Uh-oh! [tries to flee with Grampa]
- Irish police officer (2): Toots! It's escaping you're thinking of then?
- Homer: I can't tell if those are questions or statements!
- Irish Policeman #1: So, it's our syntax you're criticizin' then?
- Homer: Hey,what happened to the bubbles?
- [They see Grampa who pulled the plug of the hot tub]
- Grampa: You good-for-nothing jellyfish! [drops the plug] While you were lying here soaking like a bunch of dirty dishes, I was lonelier than Estes Kefauver at a meeting of Murder Incorporated! [The Simpsons are stunned] That actually makes sense. Look it up! [grabs a baseball bat and hits the hot tub destroying it and the Simpsons twitched like a fish and he sits on a beach chair sadly]
- Lisa: [wiping on a towel] Sorry we missed your special day, Grampa. We'll definitely go next year.