Judge Me Tender/References
Wikisimpsons - The Simpsons Wiki
- The episode title is a pun on the Elvis Presley song "Love Me Tender".
- The blackboard text refers to the series finale of Lost, which aired the same day as "Judge Me Tender".
- The magazine World Weekly News (which Homer shows Bart as they prepare to enter Santa's Little Helper in the Ugliest Dog contest) is a pardoy of the real-life tabloid magazine Weekly World News.
- On the cover of the magazine Simon and Moe are on, it says "Simon Cowell with the creature from Pan's Labyrinth".
- When Homer is shown in the bed with Marge, he had described himself as the "Tiger Woods" of sex referring to Woods' sex affairs.
- When Ellen DeGeneres is asked for her opinion of a contestant's performance on American Idol, she goes on a ramble during which she mentions that she loves Dilbert.
- During the opening credits, Lisa's saxophone is replaced with a trumpet.
- This episode premiered in the UK three days after the US premiere, part of the new episodes Thursday block.
- This is the first time Ralph Wiggum swears and the second time Moe was adored by all Springfieldians after Pygmoelian.
- In the scene where the American Idol judges comment on the competitor's performance, at first Randy and Ellen can be seen sitting next to Kara. However, when Kara comments on the performance, Simon and Moe can be seen sitting next to Kara.
- Despite the judges being a good distance apart, the audience behind them doesn't change in close ups of individual judges.
- In Moe's Tavern, there are pictures of Otto, Apu, Homer and himself in The Pin Pals ("Team Homer") and the Springfield Base Ball team ("Homer at the Bat").