Simpson and Delilah/References
Wikisimpsons - The Simpsons Wiki
- Homer's assistant Karl was played by openly gay actor Harvey Fierstein, and it is at least implied that Karl is also gay or bisexual. This marks the beginning of a trend of several LGBT characters on The Simpsons.
- The kiss between Karl and Homer is the first animated male-on-male kiss to air on network television.
- Homer's hairstyles change several times throughout the episode. He starts off with long hair, then to a 1970s style small afro, then to a more close cropped 1950s type haircut, and finally a 1980s "Miami Vice" style angular cut with a small ponytail.
- During Homer's speech (after he has lost his hair) about cutting costs in the plant, one executive remarks, "The nerve of a bald man to think he can run the power plant," which is ironic considering that Mr. Burns, who is bald, is in charge of the plant.
- Milhouse and Lewis seem to have their voices swapped.
- When Lenny says "Exactly. Why should you get nothing while a guy who loses a finger hits the jackpot." he has Dr. Marvin Monroe's voice.