Bart's Dog Gets an "F"/References
Wikisimpsons - The Simpsons Wiki
"Bart's Dog Gets an "F""
- The title of the episode refers to an earlier Simpsons episode: "Bart Gets an "F"".
- Lisa and Marge touching their sewing fingers together, and the music playing as they do so, is a reference to E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial.
- Dan Castellaneta voices Troy McClure in this episode rather than Phil Hartman.
- Lisa is wearing her teal nightgown for almost the entire episode. However, she does not wear her usual red dress with her necklace at all in this episode.
- Lisa doesn't wear her necklace either in this episode.
- When Ned shows Homer his new shoes, his glasses are present in some shots and missing in others.
- In the first scene at the obedience school, Emily Winthrop (speaking in a generic English accent) angrily denounces those who use dog training methods of which she disapproves as "bloody twits". In authentic British English, the term "twit" is nearly always used in a joking of half-joking manner; even when hostile, it's still quite a mild term, not the strong one depicted here.
- As Bart is attempting to train Santa's Little Helper near the end, he unwittingly tells the dog to sit, which he does. However, due to muscle flexibility, greyhounds that have been raced at some point in their life cannot physically sit.