Wikisimpsons - The Simpsons Wiki
- Earvin "Magic" Johnson makes a shot at the end of the episode and remarks "I pulled a Homer" before several attractive cheerleaders. Ironically, two weeks after this episode aired, Johnson publicly announced that he had the Human Immunodeficiency Virus, the precursor to Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome, and stated that he had contracted it as a result of unprotected sex with multiple women.
- When Homer stops the meltdown, he silently looks at the timer which was stopped at 007. This is reference to when an atomic bomb was stopped with seven seconds to spare and the timer showed 007, the number of James Bond, done by Sean Connery in Goldfinger.
- After the nuclear crisis in Japan, several nuclear-themed episodes, including "Homer Defined" were banned or censored from airing in countries like Germany and Austria.
- Mr. Burns wears a toupee in the photograph that is superimposed when he is communicating with Kent Brockman via speaker phone.
- In Mr Burns' surveillance cameras, the workers are identical.
- During Laugh and a Half, the surveillance camera says 15:07, but the clock says about 7 o'clock.
- When Bart looks at the pictures of himself and Milhouse, all of the pictures of Milhouse have his glasses with black rims instead of red ones.