- We are currently working on a new series canon policy page. Please join the discussion by clicking this link!
- Wikisimpsons needs more Featured Article, Picture, Quote, Episode and Comprehensive article nominations!
- Wikisimpsons has a Discord server! Click here for your invite! Join to talk about the wiki, Simpsons and Tapped Out news, or just to talk to other users.
- Make an account! It's easy, free, and your work on the wiki can be attributed to you.
Eeny Teeny Maya, Moe/References
Wikisimpsons - The Simpsons Wiki
"Eeny Teeny Maya, Moe"
- The episode title is a pun on the children's counting game, "Eeny, meeny, miny, moe".
- In the hockey game where Homer sees some of the after-game commentary on TV, the commentators Jean-Pierre Petomane and Wayne Buckhorn are caricatures of real-life Canadian ice hockey commentators Don Cherry and Barry Melrose, respectively.
- Upon learning that Maya finds him attractive, Moe joyfully utters the nonsense phrase, "Oh, frabjulous day, calloo callay!" which is a reference to a similar line in the Lewis Carroll poem Jabberwocky.
- Moe mistakes SS leader Heinrich Himmler of being the creator of the Heimlich Manuever.
- When Moe is tidying up his bar, he throws a copy of Little Women in the bin.
- Moe asks Maya if she's always been that size, or if it's a "Benjamin Button deal", a reference to The Curious Case of Benjamin Button.
- When Carl mentions that Homer can't remember limericks, he tries to recite "There once was a man from Nantucket", but fails.
- A variation on a theme from one of Philip Glass's scores is heard during the commercial about the nanny-monitoring device.
- Moe says that a lot of people live in trees, like Tarzan and the Berenstain Bears.
- When Moe turns on the television in Maya's house, it is showing a scene from Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory featuring Oompa-Loompas.
- Kearney's son banging the three bottles together on his fingers is a reference to the 1979 film The Warriors, although the rhythm is different.
- The restaurant Pasta La Vista, Baby is a reference to the catchphrase of Arnold Schwarzenegger's character in Terminator, "hasta la vista, baby".
- Mr. Largo, upon receiving the wrong surgery, comments that he doesn't look like actress Julie Newmar.
- When Moe sees Dr. Nick to have size-change surgery, Nick is about to give him the anesthetic and tells him that when he wakes up, he'll be a woman. Moe, taken aback, sits up and says that's not what he came in for. At this, Nick apologizes and says he must have gotten his files mixed up. An indignant and newly short Mr. Largo then appears in the doorway, complaining to Dr. Nick—implying that Largo was the one wanting a sex-change operation.
- When Homer screams "I--will--never--know--the--score!", the bag of chips turns from green to blue.