Wikisimpsons - The Simpsons Wiki
- Frank Grimes walks into Mr. Burns' office wearing a name tag even before he is hired.
- Grimes always wipes his hands on his pants before he shakes hands with someone.
- Homer never introduces Grimes by name to his family when he arrives.
- Lisa's IQ is 156, as mentioned during the dinner introductions.
- Lisa only says 11 words in this episode.
- Homer is given an "intellectual promotion" in this episode, as he's shown as knowing not to touch the high voltage wires.
- It is noted that the accidents at the plant double each year since Homer was given the job as Safety Inspector.
Freeze Frame Fun
- The picture of Lenny on Homer's console reads "Homer Have A Great Summer".
- Homer eats Grimes's dietetic lunch at 10:35.
- As Lenny discusses how Homer didn't need a degree to get his job, his beard is drawn too low down for a frame.
- When the sulphuric acid dissolves the wall, a piece of the wall is dissolved only to somehow appear again.
- Bart removes two of the three safety signs on the staircase in the factory. Then, the third one vanishes on its own.
- The close up of Homer opening the door for Frank Grimes depicts a purple doorknob, but the next shot shows the doorknob as blue.
- As Marge urges Homer to face his fear of Frank Grimes, the top of her hair is smooth and lacks the curls that it usually has.
- Later in the same scene, the top of Marge's hair is drawn in front the top of the car's windshield, when it should be behind it since she is inside the car.
- In a far shot of the audience at the power plant model contest, the lenses of Charlie's glasses are white instead of aqua.
- For a frame, when Milhouse is trying to get coffee from the machine, the cup is drawn behind the platform which it is supposed to stand on.
- During Frank Grimes' funeral, the Simpsons move from the second row of seats to the front row.
- Also during the funeral, in a faraway shot Charlie's glasses aren't filled in so that they are just his skin color.
- Lenny and Carl have Master's degrees, but Homer's degree, which he earned in "Homer Goes to College", isn't mentioned. -- Homer didn't complete a degree - Burns just had him take Nuclear Physics 101 to comply with the inspectors' requirement that Homer have college-level training in nuclear physics.
- Lenny states that Homer was hired the day Burns opened the plant, but it is clearly stated in previous episodes that Homer had applied for a job at the plant sometime after it was opened. Also, the plant's EXACT year of opening is questionable (in The Blunder Years, the plant is stated to have been recently opened when Homer was ten or twelve, and in The Way We Was, it was shown that Homer was told of the plant's opening during his teenage years).
- Moe's Tavern is depicted as being on Industrial Way in this episode.
- Homer has pictures of:
- He also showed Frank his grammy. ("Homer's Barbershop Quartet")
- In "The Funeral" Homer said "this is the last funeral we're going to". They have since attended: