Summer of 4 Ft. 2/References
Wikisimpsons - The Simpsons Wiki
- The name is a play on Summer of '42, a well known 1971 drama film.
- When Lisa looks into Library, she sees hallucinations of Pippi Longstocking, Eustace Tilley from The New Yorker and Alice and the Mad Hatter from Alice in Wonderland.
- The drapes in the beach house are Jesus Fish.
- Teejay's Zaymart is a parody of the T.J. Maxx and Zayre (which is now defunct) department store chains.
- Milhouse says that Lisa looks like Blossom from Blossom.
- Erin asks if Bart thinks he's Dennis the Menace.
- Lisa said she learned the word crustacean from Baywatch.
- When Homer is trying to buy fireworks, he asks for all sorts of embarrassing items, whilst asking for fireworks in the middle. This is a reference to American Graffiti.
- "All Summer Long" by The Beach Boys plays over the end credits, again a reference to American Graffiti.
- The firecracker that Homer attempts to use to celebrate the Fourth of July (and is later forced to use in the washing machine, rupturing a disposal pipe in the process) is called the M-320.
- The sea creature that Milhouse thinks is a dog is a horseshoe crab, and it "wags" it's tail when Milhouse pets it.
- Ben (one of the cool kids) later appears in "Cool Lisa"'s questline in The Simpsons: Tapped Out.