User talk:Solar Dragon
Talk page rules:
For other general user talk page rules, see our policy.
SolarBot is configured so that changes it makes don't show up on the "Recent Changes" page, correct? Is there a way to keep e-mail notifications from being generated when it creates pages, or did I accidentally turn a "notify" feature on? In the last day or so I've gotten 100+ e-mails about SolarBot making talk pages for articles that needed them, and while it's a relief to see it's just the bot hard at work, it is a bit disconcerting to go onto Yahoo and be informed that I've got 60-some or 90-some new e-mails. On the plus side, the bot's work has been prompting me to pay closer attention to my incoming e-mail, so maybe that's a good thing! :-) -- Mythigator (talk) 09:25, May 15, 2021 (EDT)
- All my edits are marked as minor and under your preferences, there is an option to not be notified for minor changes. That should work until I'm done. The Solar Dragon 09:47, May 15, 2021 (EDT)
- Got it, thanks. -- Mythigator (talk) 13:53, May 15, 2021 (EDT)
- I went with an alternate solution -- put a filter in my e-mail so notifications about SolarBot changes go to their own folder. I didn't think it worked, but it turned out that it did, so I'm going to leave my notification settings on the wiki set to notify of minor changes. -- Mythigator (talk) 14:06, May 15, 2021 (EDT)
- Got it, thanks. -- Mythigator (talk) 13:53, May 15, 2021 (EDT)
Sarah Wiggum Details
Hello, Can I ask why my edit to Sarah Wiggum's page was reverted? Sarah in Uncut Femmes wasn't Canon, and it was a retcon just for that one episode, along with the voice change. This was confirmed by Matt Selman on his twitter, but he for some reason has since deleted the post, and I also asked Al Jean as well and he said the same thing. They knew that this story didn't make sense for Sarah, and she has never been like this since her debut which was in fact "I love Lisa" and she is in the crowd at the school play next to Chief Wiggum, but its hard to notice her, but she had Ginger hair instead of Purple. But Sarah believe it or not does have a personality, but it was primarily established by her actions and emotions and not really by her lines.
I know this because I've seen every appearance of her since her debut, and her continuity has always stayed the same, which is being a soft, sweet, and loving women. Besides, a reason why her in Uncut Femmes was non canon is due to the fact by the way she acts mainly starting in the beginning, acting as an awkward quiet weirdo who can't piece two words together, to this all the sudden cool chick that was a former robber with 3 other random girls. Other things to note is that at the beginning of the episode, Marge walks up to Sarah acting like they have never met before, and Marge also saying that she's Bart's mom. In past episodes, Marge and Sarah are seen together, ie "The Great Wife Hope" and "The Devil Wears Nada" Sarah is seen in a small club gatherings with Marge and others, so they definitely know each other, Sarah definitely knows who Marge is, that Marge is Bart's mom, and knows who Bart is.
Another thing to note is that in the backstory sequence, in the part showing how Sarah and Clancy met is also not consistent of what was established as well, as in the episode A Star Was Born Again Clancy was dancing with Sarah at a festival and he was telling her she was the most beautiful she's ever been since the time he fell in love with her, and his excuse the fall in love with her was to plant crystal meth on her so she would "notice" him because he was too shy to say anything to her, so that way he could arrest her and then hook up with Sarah right there and then and fall and love with her, unless she also fell in love with him at the moment.
Sarah is not a drug addict, or does any drugs or stuff like that, but Clancy only planted drugs on her so he has an excuse to arrest her and fall in love despite her being innocent and not doing anything wrong. Also in the episode, if Clancy "arrested" her, Clancy was already a Police Officer, whereas in Uncut Femmes during the backstory, Clancy is portrayed as being a security guard when he met Sarah, and Sarah was a robber and she is the one that fell in love with him. And its already be established in canon that they met when Clancy was too shy to go up and say anything to her, so he put drugs on her so that she would see him and then he has an excuse to hook up with her because there is meth on her that he threw on her.
The list goes on about Uncut Femmes as being a one time thing for Sarah's retcon and voice. I will tell you this as well, I have seen every appearance of Sarah over the course of the series and have closely watched what she does and how she acts, so I know what I'm talking about by saying she has had a personality before, and it was nothing close too or the same as how she is in this episode. Plus there was never any evidence or build up of this Criminal mastermind Sarah Wiggum either, and that’s because she never was one, she is and will always be just Clancy's sweet, soft wife, and in reality, probably not any different then any of the other moms of Springfield. Still, this episode would've been better if instead of using Sarah, they use a new character, or a character that would better suit this story and plot line, because it sure didn't suit her well.
- Firstly, I have not seen anything about the canonicity of Uncut Femmes. Either way, the content should be in her article. Secondly, you copied the content from Simpsons Fandom. This is against our plagiarism policy and is a bannable offense. I already told you that on your talk page after the first time you did it. Thirdly, your stolen content frequently mixes in-universe and real world writing styles which is against our character article guidelines. Fourthly, please sign your talk page comments with ~~~~ The Solar Dragon 14:45, May 18, 2021 (EDT)
Lenny Kravitz' image in his page
Can you get another image of the real life singer in it since the other one was deleted years ago? -- HomerGriffin, May 30, 2021
- We're not risking it. A while back, we got an email from Lenny Kravitz' lawyer demanding we remove the image of him from the page. Since then, we've decided not to have an image on the article. The Solar Dragon 13:50, May 30, 2021 (EDT)
I added it on the Star Wars section, I went to the "What links here" button and the Star Wars link does not appear on it. Do you know what the problem is. I added the right link on the page and then nothing appeared. https://simpsonswiki.com/wiki/Special:WhatLinksHere/File:Werner_Herzog.jpg -- HomerGriffin, May 30, 2021
- We're having problems with links to pages not updating properly, categories not updating etc. It's what the server maintenance the other day was about, but it didn't work. Next step is to try the MediaWiki upgrade and hope that fixes it, but there's not a timeframe for us doing that yet. The Solar Dragon 11:30, June 29, 2021 (EDT)
- You'll need to be more active before you can create your user page. Make edits in the mainspace and wait a week and you'll be able to create it. The Solar Dragon 06:55, July 18, 2021 (EDT)
Sarah Wiggum Details re
Hi there, I thought I'd give my word on this, Selman recently confirmed fully and clearly that episodes like this as well as others such as Do Pizza Bots Dream Of Electric Guitars are set in their own universe and are just a way of changing the characters timeline and personality for the plot line of an episode, and Season 32 did this for a handful of episodes, such as Uncut Femmes and the characterization and personality change for Sarah. Just like the user above that typed out what he/she said, I myself have also seen every appearance of Sarah as well, and she was never like this ever, and plus sure she never got a backstory, but it's already been long established on how Sarah and Clancy met, and Clancy is actually the one who met Sarah like the user above explained. She also has a personality as well that has been long established, but its been established primarily by her actions and emotions, and she is not any of this "sexpot jewelry thief" crap either, so she's not (as a lot of these new fans think before this awful boring episode) a "blank slate", and a blank slate is someone who doesn't talk, or let alone have any sort of actions and emotions, so that right there just shows you how stupid some of these people are and don't know the show all that well if you say that and call yourself a fan of the show, a "fan" of the show, especially a true one would know even about side characters that don't really speak much such as Sarah, and the fact she has had a personality for a long time since her debut which was actually in I love Lisa and not Duffless. The voice change was also done for the plot as well and isn't something that will continue, as well as the personality change and one off backstory and what not are also aspects that are one off and set in their own universe (Aspects these new fans also don't seem to realize), I really don't know by what Selman is trying to say by being set in their own universe as he's not too clear on it, but the only explanation is being non canon or just one off, but both mean the same thing, so episodes such as Do Pizza Bots Dream Of Electric Guitars and Uncut Femmes, as well as some others in this season and other episodes in seasons of recent years are non canon and set in their own universe.
So I don't know what users on here immediately jumped to conclusions by saying Sarah was truly how she is in the episode and will be the official continuity of her from now on, as well as stating the guest VA done for her in the episode will also be a recurring cast member and the new voice for her, but that's not the case, and obviously the users that think this obviously haven't paid attention to her over the years since her appearances like other users like myself have, and especially long time fans and ones that don't even watch the show anymore because of how bad it is, but the whole thing about Sarah is like also saying Homer in Pizza Bots being a teenager in the 1990s is canon and will continue as the true continuity of his younger years when that has also already been established of what his age was in the 1990s and earlier, but again, that's also not the case and isn't the true continuity and something that will be the official story. Anyways here is the link to the article discussing this topic and as well as to his regards on his support for a Hit and Run remake, hope this helps and clears confusion and educates a lot of these gullible and new fan that don't pay attention to stuff like this: https://www.ign.com/articles/matt-selman-simpsons-hit-and-run-remake?fbclid=IwAR2dNT3h2bwJAkw8gY72mmgn3f1ndf20KP7iWER4cETTmlkoSbMX7TORVns ~~~~Duderocks5539~~~~
You might have noticed I have a page in progress about the Logan's Run movie. I figured that since I found three references easy as pie, getting two more wouldn't be any problem, but no luck so far. I figured there would be more, since Michael York played Logan in the movie and has done guest voice spots on the show. Any ideas? -- Mythigator (talk) 21:45, September 9, 2021 (EDT)
- I've never seen the movie so I wouldn't recognise references even if I saw them. lol The Solar Dragon 16:31, September 10, 2021 (EDT)
Low quality images replacement
Hey Solar, incredible work of yours by replacing all of those low quality images. I underestimated that task and ended up replacing much fewer pictures than I expected. Thanks, --Simpsons88 (talk) 06:20, September 26, 2021 (EDT)
- It took a long time to get through them all, but I've pretty much cleared the category now, except for a few that I can't get from episodes. I'm sure I'll be able to fill the category up again at some point though. lol The Solar Dragon 09:40, September 26, 2021 (EDT)
List of references in other media
- Due to how huge The Simpsons is, there's references everywhere and in everything. Therefore, we have decided that only media that actually has a Wikipedia page gets on the references in other media page. The Henry Stickmin Collection doesn't have a Wikipedia page, so no mention on the page. The Solar Dragon 11:10, September 26, 2021 (EDT)