Wikisimpsons - The Simpsons Wiki
- The radio announcer mentions ABBA and Led Zeppelin.
- In the car, the radio plays "Shinin' On" by Grand Funk Railroad and "Mississippi Queen" by Mountain.
- Homer mentions the bands Jefferson Airplane, Jefferson Starship, The Alan Parsons Project and Hovercraft.
- At Suicide Notes music shop Homer finds a Styx album at the "Oldies" section. He was surprised to find it there as he had just listened to them on the King Biscuit Flower Hour, a former American radio show. The album Boston by the band of the same name is also seen at Suicide Notes' "Oldies" section.
- Homer critiziced bands that were unknown to him, such as Sonic Youth and Nine Inch Nails.
- When teenage Homer approaches the van with cool kids, "Frankenstein" by The Edgar Winter Group plays.
- A teenage Homer and Barney sing "You Make Me Feel Like Dancing" by Leo Sayer.
- Teenage Homer had posters for Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd on his wall.
- Homer said that he "used to rock and roll all night and party ev-a-ry day" a reference to the song "Rock and Roll All Nite" by KISS.
- The Hullabalooza ticket mentions Clark Bar and Jostens.
- One of the attendees has The Scream on his shirt. Another has a parody of The Great Gazoo on his shirt.
- Cypress Hill mentions Blockbuster Entertainment.
- Cypress Hill perform the songs "Throw Your Set in the Air" and "Insane in the Brain".
- Homer's strut is a parody of Keep on Truckin'.
- The Smashing Pumpkins perform the song "Zero".
- Peter Frampton says he got his inflatable pig at Pink Floyd's yard sale.
- Homer's first cannonball stunt on the Hullabalooza tour is a near frame-by-frame replica of footage of Frank "Cannonball" Richards, a vaudevillian of the 1930s, performing the same stunt.
- In the crowd scene at Hullabalooza, one of the teenagers has a picture of Dr. Zaius from Planet Of The Apes on his t-shirt.
- The Animal Hospital has Jimi Hendrix's puppy, Rover Hendrix.
- Peter Frampton performs the song "Do You Feel Like We Do".
- When Homer is doing his last cannonball performance, he says "don't fear the reaper", a reference to the song "(Don't Fear) The Reaper" by Blue Öyster Cult.
- Homer says "it's hip to be square", referencing the song "Hip to Be Square" by Huey Lewis and the News.