Wikisimpsons - The Simpsons Wiki
- The episode's story is loosely based on those of the McCaughey septuplets and Dionne quintuplets. The title is a parody of the famous song "Ain't Misbehavin'".
- SHØP is a parody of real-life American-based furniture chain STØR, which itself is largely a rip off of IKEA.
- When in bed with Manjula, Apu exclaims "Oh! Calcutta!", a reference to Oh! Calcutta!.
- Homer uses a Hansel and Gretel viewfinder. Later, the set of Homer's stage show is inspired by Hansel and Gretel.
- There is a picture of Babar the Elephant on the wall in Apu's apartment.
- Butch Patrick introduces himself as Eddie Munster from The Munsters'.
- The music heard during Octopia include "Welcome to the Jungle" by Guns N' Roses, "Ride of the Valkyries" by Richard Wagner and "R.O.C.K. in the U.S.A." by John Mellencamp.
- Homer performs his zoo act to "Danger Zone" by Kenny Loggins.
- Marcia Wallace is credited although she didn't voice a character in the episode.
- The store SHØP is, strangely enough, spelled with a Danish "ø" where "ö" would be the correct one.
- After the episode goes forward 9 months, Marge says she had a brief period as Sideshow Marge at Krusty's show. (she is seen with a bone at her hair as Sideshow Mel)
- In one scene, Chief Wiggum's left hand (our view) is a different shade of yellow than the rest of his body.
- In the audience of Homer's stage show, Bernice Hibbert is incorrectly colored yellow.