| Location Information
Ethnictown is a suburb of Springfield and a ghetto town where many immigrants live.
When the Simpsons visited Ethnictown, Homer called it a place "where hard-working immigrants dream of becoming lazy, overfed Americans." Marge said that "you can hear the beautiful ethnic serenade", referring to merchants calling out what they were selling.
The Simpsons met the following people in Ethnictown:
- A man selling apples: "Apples! I got apples!"
- A woman who has cholera: "Cholera! I got cholera!" (Then she coughed and hacked.)
- A man claiming to be selling babies: "Babies! Who wants-a babies?" Homer picked one up and saw that it was just a shaved puppy.
- A Gypsy fortuneteller who had a shop nearby.
- Homer apparently crashed a birthday party (or shoplifted from a gift shop) and stole a balloon, as he walked into the Gypsy's shop carrying a balloon that said "Birthday Boy". He chuckled and called it "the perfect crime".
- Homer also apparently had an encounter with the local law enforcement authorities, getting caught stealing the balloon. After chuckling about his "perfect crime", he suddenly turned serious and said, "I have to be in court next Tuesday."