- For the song, see Waverly Hills (song).
| Waverly Hills
| Location Information
Waverly Hills is an upper-class district of Springfield.
Krusty the Clown, among other famous people, come here. The city has an inspector who checks new people's houses to be sure they don't use an address in Waverly Hills just for their children to go to their schools. Waverly Hills has an upscale elementary school district that Bart and Lisa attended for a time, in which students go to field trips to Europe and there are horses in the backyard. Here, Bart extended the rumor that Lisa was Alaska Nebraska's best friend and, when Caitlin, Katelyn and Kate Lynn discovered she was not, they chased Lisa around the city. Homer also had to live in an apartment in the worse side of Waverly Hills so that Lisa and Bart could go to the school.
Behind the Laughter
- Waverly Hills is an obvious parody of Beverly Hills.
- The name could also be a homage to Waverly Hills Sanatorium, a sanatorium in Louisville, Kentucky.
- The name could be a reference to Waverly, Nebraska, a small city near Omaha, Nebraska, with the tie in to Alaska Nebraska.
- The name could be a reference to Waverley Country Club in Matt Groening's hometown of Portland, Oregon.