Bring Your Parents to School Day/References
Wikisimpsons - The Simpsons Wiki
- The story's title is a play on Bring Your Daughter to Work Day.
- Bart tells Homer to avoid making eye contact with Mrs. Krabappel and above all, to not embarrass him. Homer replies that "It'll be like shooting pork in a barrel", misquoting the expression "Shooting fish in a barrel".
- Gilligan's Island: Homer says, "You'd want to get off that island too if some fat guy kept hitting you with his hat and calling you his 'Little Buddy'?!", referring to Gilligan and The Skipper.
- The students in the classroom are of both Bart's age, such as Bart himself and Milhouse, and Lisa's, such as Ralph Wiggum.
- It's not entirely clear which children have brought Apu and Dr. Hibbert to school for the day. However:
- In one frame, an arm with the same skin tone as Apu is visible in the desk next to him, and Apu's nephew Jamshed is the right age to be in that group of students. Presuming that is indeed Jamshed, it's interesting that he brought Apu to class instead of Sanjay.
- No child is ever visible in the desk next to Dr. Hibbert, but he has a son around Bart's age and a daughter around Lisa's age.
- When Bart envisions Homer as an ape, Homer resembles King Homer from "Treehouse of Horror III".
- Homer also embarrasses Bart in school in the television episode "The Parent Rap", when the two of them are tethered together as the result of "creative sentencing" from Judge Harm. When Bart goes to school, Homer falls asleep during class and starts screaming "Cobras!" under the influence of his night terrors.