The Simpsons Road Rage/References
Wikisimpsons - The Simpsons Wiki
- If the player picks up Captain McCallister and takes a long time to reach his intended destination, one of his possible comments is "Call me Ishmael. And late." This is a reference to the opening line of the novel Moby-Dick.
- Although he appears very frequently driving Mr. Burns' limosine, Smithers does not speak at any point in the game.
- In printed ads for The Simpsons Road Rage, it depicted a drawn panel similar to a comic where the entire town is in calamity, with Marge, acting as a passenger to Homer in a convertible, tells him with fear that he's driving like a maniac, and Homer responding nonchalantly that "Driving's just a suggestion. Like pants."
- Mr. Plow is treated as a separate character from Homer.
- Due to the fact that the game is so similar to Sega's Crazy Taxi, Sega sued Fox. The two settled out of court for an undisclosed amount of money.
- The game takes advantage of the date system incorporated into the games console by providing holiday-themed characters on certain dates.
- In the save game menu in the PS2 browser, "Dancin' Homer" represents the save file for this game.
- Early builds of the game suggest that Principal Skinner, Moleman and Jasper were going to be playable.
- The scene at the end involving Kang and Kodos is not present in the PS2 version. This may have been because of the PS2 version's earlier release date.
- Several of the game's dialogue clips also went on to be used in The Simpsons Skateboarding and The Simpsons: Hit & Run.
- Billboards appear throughout the game advertising a skateboarding competition. This would become the main plot of the game The Simpsons Skateboarding, released a year after this game.
- Two Radioactive Man comic covers appear on the sandwich board outside of the Android's Dungeon. One is the cover of the real life issue #1 and the other is the fictional issue #25 originally seen on the front cover of the real life comic Radioactive Man #100. The second cover would also been seen outside the Android's Dungeon in The Simpsons: Hit & Run.
- In the character select screen, if one selects Moe's Sedan, pandas will hop out of the trunk, a reference to "Cape Feare", where Moe was smuggling pandas.
- The game's cover art was parodied in the "Krusty's Stop & Go" trophy in The Simpsons Game.