Papa Don't Leech/References
Wikisimpsons - The Simpsons Wiki
- The episode title is a pun on the Madonna song "Papa Don't Preach".
- Grampa plays a Tommy Dorsey CD in the car.
- Grampa mentioned a Hershey bar being as thick as a phone book.
- The song "Catch a Falling Star" by Perry Como also plays in the car.
- The scene where Homer suffocates Abe parodies The Sopranos episode "Kennedy and Heidi," in which Tony suffocates Christopher in a similar manner.
- Lisa sells Girl Scout Cookies to Mayor Quimby.
- Moe asks Mayor Quimby if he means "really broke or O.J. Simpson broke".
- Lurleen is shown making a guest appearance on The Muppet Show. She sings "Bunk with Me Tonight" to Kermit, which gets him into trouble with Miss Piggy.
- Bart has a Mr. Potato Head toy.
- Royce Lumpkin is eating Corn flakes.
- Royce Lumpkin has a confederate flag belt buckle.
- During the song "Daddy's Back", Lisa sings that she's reading Harry Potter.
- Marge sings that her body wash is Estée Lauder.
- Food that Lurleen cut the word "pop" out of includes Pop Tarts, Jiffy Pop Popcorn, Popeyes Chicken, and Poppycock popcorn.
- A picture of Popeye is on the Popeyes Chicken bag.
- Lurleen also cut Pop out of the box of Kellogg's Rice Krispies.
- The song "America's Back" has the lyrics "We pledge allegiance to Fox News." and "We used to love Welcome Back, Kotter."
- "America's Back" was so patriotic it got turned into a Chevrolet commercial.
- Many themes from "Colonel Homer" are shown:
- Lurleen Lumpkin returns.
- The events of "Colonel Homer" were mentioned by Bart.
- Lurleen sings the song "Bunk with Me Tonight" again.
- Homer takes on his "Colonel Homer" alter-ego again, this time being joined by "Major Marge."
- Marge's anger for Lurleen for the affair she was having with Homer in "Colonel Homer".