'Tis the Fifteenth Season/References
Wikisimpsons - The Simpsons Wiki
- Mr. McGrew's Christmas Carol is a parody of Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol.
- The episode title is a reference to 'Tis the Season.
- Christmas with the California Prunes is a clear takeoff of the California Raisins.
- The TV shows seen on TV making parodies of "A Christmas Carol" are Family Matters and Star Trek: The Original Series.
- Homer takes all of the presents from Springfield. This is a parody of "How the Grinch Stole Christmas!"
- The store shown as Abercrombie & Rich is a parody of the popular American brand Abercrombie & Fitch.
- Homer mentions "Tuesdays with Morrie", a book and later a television film starring Hank Azaria.
- Marge shops at a store named "Victor's Secret," which is a reference to "Victoria's Secret," the popular lingerie store.
- In the Latin American dub, Mexican dub actress Patty Acevedo plays both Lisa Simpson on The Simpsons and Sailor Moon on Bishojo Senshi Sailor Moon. This is referenced in the couch gag, in which Lisa is dressed as Sailor Moon.
- Homer believes Jesus sang "Stairway To Heaven", instead of Led Zeppelin.
- The song Christmas Convoy is a parody of "Convoy".
- The song You're a Hero is a parody of "You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch" from the early '60s animated TV special Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas!
- The animatic from the first act of this episode on "The Simpsons Christmas 2" DVD shows the following changes:
- The power plant causes an "acid snowfall"
- During the decoration montage, Marge hangs mistletoe and is soon kissed by Grandpa and Homer sets up a plastic deer on the front lawn, which is shot by Cletus and his redneck friends who plan to eat it.
- During Krusty's holiday special, Krusty remarks Kent is getting last years' holiday meal pumped out his stomach.
- The Astrolabe says that it's Margaret Cho's birthday, meaning that when Homer got it, it was December 5.
- The text on bench in the couch gag is シンプソンズJapanese - "Simpsons" in
- Lisa makes reference towards her being a Buddhist, a religion she joined in "She of Little Faith".
- Marge mentions that Homer made a promise to be the nicest man in town "Children of a Lesser Clod"
- When Homer is watching "Santa Got Lost", after refusing to sleep with Marge, he is on the left side of the couch. When he disagrees with "Santa Got Lost" and turns it over, he is on the right side.
- Luann Van Houten is shown sitting with Kirk, despite their divorce in "A Milhouse Divided".