World Trade Center
| World Trade Center
| Location Information
The World Trade Center (WTC) was a complex of seven buildings in New York City.
Barney once illegally parked Homer's car at the complex, where it received an enormous number of parking tickets and had one of its wheels clamped. Homer traveled to New York to retrieve the car and stubbornly drove it away with the clamp still on the wheel.
The towers were later destroyed in the terrorist attacks, also known as 9/11, on September 11, 2001. Despite this, Homer still tried to order a collectible plate from a 1980s TV Guide where the mailing address was One World Trade Center.
Behind the Laughter
- One World Trade Center was one of the complex's iconic "Twin Towers", the northern one, the one with the antenna on top. On 9/11, it was the first of the towers to be hit and the second to collapse. Rebuilding is currently underway at the site. It is considered the world's deadliest air disaster, perpetrator al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden, was killed by American forces on May 1, 2011. Around 3,000 people died, including all hijackers.
- Episode – "A Star Is Burns"
- Episode – "The City of New York vs. Homer Simpson"
- Episode – "New Kids on the Blecch"
- Episode – "Homer the Father" (mentioned)