- "Trans-Clown-O-Morphs! Transforming clowns that morph. Sent to Earth to defeat the evil Dino-Robo-Bots. Trans-Clown-O-Morphs! Transforming clowns that morph. And their human... is YOU!"
- ―Trans-Clown-O-Morphs theme song[src]
| TV Show Information
Trans-Clown-O-Morphs is a program shown during The Krusty the Clown Show on Saturdays. It features transforming clown characters and is basically advertising disguised as a TV show. Each week, the transforming clowns ask the viewers to buy something to help save them.
The episode that Bart and Lisa watched one Saturday showed a clown morphed into a helicopter-like form descending to earth and morphing into a car when it landed. After that, an army of clowns emerged from the car and lined up in a battle formation. The clown army were then attacked from the sky by robot pterodactyls who bombed the clowns with exploding eggs. The clowns successfully defended themselves with their umbrellas. Then the clown leader confronted the pterodactyl leader, saying that the pterodactyl-bots would never conquer Big Top City. The pterodactyl leader countered by spraying the clown leader with a thick liquid substance that quickly solidified, trapping him where he stood. The clown leader said that only the Saturday morning viewers could save him. He then asked the viewers to buy his cereal, solve the secret message on the box, and text-message the solution to him (at a cost of $15 per text). As the pterodactyl-bot leader started beating him up, the clown finished his appeal by saying, "Buy or I'll die!"
After the clown finished his appeal, Bart hollered at Marge to throw out all the Krusty cereal and buy robot clown cereal instead. Marge was tired of buying something new every week to save the clown, so she told the kids to watch something that wasn't just one long commercial.
Behind the Laughter
- Trans-Clown-O-Morphs is an obvious parody of Transformers.
- The show also references a common criticism of cartoons based on toys—specifically, that the cartoons are essentially just long advertisements for the toys.
- The Dino-Robo-Bots feature the same roar as Godzilla.
- The Dino-Robo-Bots are a parody of the Dinobots in Transformers. However, the Dinobots are good guys.