The Simpsons Classic Characters
- "Inspired by the Syroco statues of the 1940s, Dark Horse's series of "Classic Comic" statuettes have been a huge success. Sculpted with flair and grace at Yoe! Studios, nearly one hundred different characters have been produced thus far, with most editions selling out upon publication.
While the statuettes in the series were originally based on characters from newspaper strips, in this companion series Dark Horse is featuring syroco'suniquely "primitive but charming" treatment on one of the modern era's most iconic, if dysfunctional, families -- none other than The Simpsons."
Classic Character #1
Homer Simpson - Released September 16, 2009
- "We are excited to present one of contemporary pop culture's most beloved cast of crazies, starting with guess who? If you surmised it was Homer, then give yourself a big "d'oh" and a sprinkled donut."
Classic Character #2
Lisa Simpson - Released October 14, 2009
- "We are excited to present the second character in our series of contemporary statues, pop culture's most beloved cast of crazies, America's favorite middle sister, and overachiever, Lisa Simpson."
Classic Character #3
Marge Simpson - Released December 2, 2009
- "We are excited to present the third release of the group -- Marge, with Maggie in tow. She puts up with sooooo much!"
Classic Character #4
Bart Simpson - Released February 3, 2010
- "We are excited to present the fourth release of the group -- Bart Simpson, the misunderstood trouble maker of the city of Springfield. This statuette perfectly captures him on his signature skateboard."
Classic Character #5
Comic Book Guy - Released February 24, 2010
- "We are excited to present the fifth release of the group -- Comic Book Guy, the owner of The Android’s Dungeon & Baseball Card Shop."
Classic Character #6
Krusty the Clown - Released March 17, 2010
- "The sixth and final character in our Simpson's Classic Character series is kids-TV-show host Krusty the Clown. Springfield's entrepreneurial funnyman will do anything to make a buck no matter how shameless."