Simpsons Comics #185
| Simpsons Comics #185
| Comic Information
The Big Finish 
The Play's the Sting
The Nut Cracker
The front cover was designed by famous comic artist, Sergio Aragones. Most comic issues have a front cover picture based on the story-well this issue was a little different. Instead, Sergio drew the front cover first, then Simpsons scribes, Ian Boothby, Evan Dorkin and Patric Verrone were told to create a story based on the picture. There then went on to be three different stories based on the picture.
- "This issue of Simpsons Comics is a little different from most. In preparing a normal issue for print, one of out fully licensed and bonded Simpsons artists will draw the cover well after the script has been written and approved. In fact, that's universally how most comic book covers are created. (If the cover relates to the story or stories inside, it's usually inspired by the script.)"
- "This issue, we thought we'd try a little experiment. We asked cartoonist extraordinaire and mustache enthusiast Sergio Aragones to draw a cover with no input from our editorial staff whatsoever. We gave him free reign to draw whatever madness popped into his head, telling him only that his finished drawing would be shown to three different writers, that they would each be given the assignment to craft stories based on his cover art, and that we would pay him."
- "And so it came to pass! Simpsons scribes Ian Boothby, Evan Dorkin and Patric Verrone were all given copies of Sergio's crazy cover art and directed to come up a short story to go with it. Then, some very talented artists drew the stories, our accompanied Bongo production staff colored and lettered them, and... Voila! Yoú now hold the results of this wild experiment in your hands; three different Simpsons sagas, all based on one kooky cover!"
- "Let us know if you like 'em!"
- "Maybe we'll do this again some day!"