Springfield Soul Stew
Wikisimpsons - The Simpsons Wiki
|"Springfield Soul Stew"|
| Song Information
- (clears throat) Um, today's special is Springfield Soul Stew. We sell so much of this, people wonder what we put in it. Well, we're gonna tell ya right now. (clears throat again) Gimme about a half a teacup of bass.
- (bass slaps a riff)
- Now I need a pound of fatback drums.
- (drums enters)
- Now, gimme four tablespoons of boilin' Springfield guitar, this is gonna taste alright.
- (guitarist plays a riff)
- Mmmm, delicious. Mmm, now just a little pinch of organ.
- (organist plays)
- Now gimme half a pint of horn.
- (saxophonist enters)
- Place on the burner and bring to a boil. Yeah, that's it, that's it, that's it right there. Now beat...
- (the music crescendoes as the drummer fills in to the next section)
- ...well! Take it, Lisa!
- (Lisa blows her horn)
- Ooh, woo-ooh!
- Ooh, thank you!
- Mmmm...now let's take it on home! 'Cause, uh, we gotta go home!
- That's my girl!
Behind the Laughter
It is an adaptation of the song "Memphis Soul Stew" by King Curtis.