The preferences dialog allows you to personalize some aspects of MediaWiki. They will apply only when you are logged in.
The user profile is a profile for you. It contains your username, user ID, groups you are a member of, edit count and registration time. There are also fields for your real name and gender and an option to change your password.
To change your password, enter your old password, the new password, and the new password a second time. (If you're merely changing the other preferences, you do not need to enter your password.)
This setting allows you to set your default language. The default for Wikisimpsons is English (en).
This setting allows you to make a personalized signature for your user account.
The E-mail options allows you to set an email address and change the options for the type of e-mail you receive. These options are:
- Enable e-mail from other users
- Send me copies of e-mails I send to other users
- E-mail me when a page on my watchlist is changed
- E-mail me when my user talk page is changed
- E-mail me also for minor edits of pages
It also tells you whether your e-mail is authenticated or not.
The Appearance tab changes the look of the wiki.
This allows you to change your skin. Wikisimpsons has three options, Monaco, MonoBook and Vector. Vector is the default skin we currently use.
These settings allow you to change the maximum image size in File: pages and change your default thumbnail image size.
These are miscellaneous options for changing the appearance.
- Link underlining - Allows you to change whether you want links underlined or not.
- Threshold for stub link formatting.
- Format broken links like this - Changes the way you see broken links.
- Show table of contents (for pages with more than 3 headings) - Changes whether you see the Table of Contents on pages.
- Disable browser page caching.
- Show hidden categories.
- Enable "jump to" accessibility links.
- Justify paragraphs.
- Auto-number headings.
|Archiving • Categories • Copyrights • Edit conflicts • Edit summary • Editing • How to log in/Create an account • Licensing Images • Image markup • Interwiki links • Introduction • Minor edits • Namespaces • New pages • Orphans • Page history • Preferences • Recent changes • Redirects • Related changes • Rename a Page • Searching • Table markup • Talk pages • Using templates • Upload files • User contributions • User style • Watchlist • What links here • Wiki markup|
|Delete a page • Protect a page|