Wikisimpsons talk:Comprehensive article nominations
|This is a talk page, where you can leave messages and comments about the Comprehensive article nominations project page.|
This is a system I have been proposing for a while now. There are 3 main reasons why I think we should have it:
- It lets readers know when an article contains all relevant information (Even without the stub tag, how does a reader still know what they are reading is complete? When you go to a Wiki that you are not familiar with, do you know?)
- It gives ALL articles something to aspire to. I think this system will give editors the desire to want to flesh-out all articles on the Wiki, not just those that can obtain featured status.
- Uniformity among the Wiki - Isn't the point of a Wiki (besides having fun) to get all its subject matter complete?
Those are my reasonings.
Whatever the case, if we're going to have this, we need an icon (similar to Wikipedia's featured-article gold star), to go in the right-hand corner of an article that says it has obtained comprehensive article status. I was thinking a Duff Beer can.
We also need some determining criteria for a CA. I was thinking each project could have their own (I'd decide on Locations) or, the same criteria for all articles.
This Wiki doesn't have a good article rank, so I think this system is a good idea. Also, for that reason, if you don't like "comprehensive articles" for the name, we can name them "good articles".Underfaker 19:21, August 5, 2010 (UTC)
- Support, it has worked well on another wiki im at as "complete articles", so im for. I can get a little floating box in the corner if you want. Kingcjc 19:34, August 5, 2010 (UTC)
- That'll be great. Also, I was just thinking we need a tag that says when a nomination has been passed or closed.Underfaker 19:39, August 5, 2010 (UTC)
- I'm sure we can find a way to feature them on the main page. TheUnderfaker 18:43, August 25, 2010 (UTC)
- Yes. Besides, have you guys thought up any ideas for the mainpage. Once I've got the word of everybody, I can get to work on making a better homepage. 18:48, August 25, 2010 (UTC)