The Simpsons Wiki Network uses the open source analytics system Piwik to record and examine the growth of all of its wikis.
- The Piwik interface may be accessed at the following address: https://piwik.simpsonswiki.com/
- Reports are compiled and archived hourly at five minutes after each hour. (XX:05)
- Fun fact: As of April 12th 2014, the Piwik database uses over 6.8GB of disk space to store all of the analytical data!
Requesting Piwik Access
Access to the Piwik interface may be granted to editors who meet the following conditions:
- At least sysop permissions on the wiki(s) they are interested in monitoring.
- A valid email address with which they can be contacted if necessary.
To request access to Piwik, send an email to Jake with your wiki account name and the wikis you would like access to. You will be issued a temporary password which you should immediately change upon accessing the Piwik interface. Do not share your password with anyone, even other staff members.
Termination of Access
Access to the Piwik interface may be revoked without warning by either the Wiki Head or Server Director without warning and for any reason. Examples of inappropriate usage include:
- Allowing another individual access to your Piwik account.
- Using Piwik statistics in a way that could harm the wiki(s).
- Sending email reports from Piwik to an email account that does not belong to a staff member.