"The Bart Simpson Show"
| The Bart Simpson Show
| Short Information
|| November 20, 1988
| Short season:
| Short number:
| Production code:
|| Matt Groening
The Bart Simpson Show is the thirty-second Simpsons short. It aired on The Tracey Ullman Show on November 20, 1988. It is the third short of the third season.
Homer questioning the kids what they're watching.
Bart being choked by Homer.
Bart, Lisa, and Maggie are watching Itchy & Scratchy where Scratchy chases after Itchy until he sees a picture of a cat and opens his mouth widely. Itchy then sticks a dynamite in Scratchy's mouth and his head falls off. Homer comes in and questions what they are watching. Lisa tells him it's Itchy & Scratchy. Homer then turns off the TV and says it is too violent for them, much to the dismay of both of them. Bart then decides to dismantle the television to make his own show; The Bart Simpson Show and puts up green curtains to start the show which he tears from a window. He has Ed, a bunny puppet, as the opening announcer for the show who describes what is in the show. When Ed tells that here's the star of the show (Bart Simpson), the green curtains then open to reveal Bart as Maggie and Lisa clap. Bart talks about his way to the studio, until Homer comes in and tells them to not watch television again. Lisa remarks how it is stupid, but not violent. Bart remarks "Oh yeah?" to Homer as he is confused and tries to change the channel. He pauses for a few seconds and realizes that Bart dismantled the television. Bart then says that he has to go and closes the curtains. Maggie walks up and opens the curtains while Bart was being choked by Homer and chokes Homer back. Maggie and Lisa then clap.
- [Bart and Lisa are watching The Itchy & Scratchy Show then Homer enters the room.]
- Homer: What the hell are you kids watching?
- Lisa: It's Itchy and Scratchy.
- Bart: Our favorite show.
- Homer: Well, you're not watching it.
- [Homer turns off the TV]
- Bart: Aw, Dad!
- Lisa: Come on, Homer!
- Homer: Nope, it's too violent. Go do something else.
- [Homer leaves]
- Lisa: Now I'm really bored.
- Bart: I know!
- [Bart dismantles the television, gets the curtains into the frame then makes his hand puppet named Ed.]
- Bart: It's the Bart Simpson Show! Starring Bart Simpson! Featuring the Bart Simpson orchestra and the Bart Simpson dancers!
- [Lisa and Maggie clap]
- Bart: And now, here's the star of our show, Baaaaart Simpson!
- [Lisa and Maggie clap again]
- Bart: Thanks, Ed. Funny thing happened on my way to the studio tonight, I ran over my dad's head on my bike.
- [Homer pops in the living room again]
- Homer: I thought I told you kids not to watch violent TV!
- Lisa: It's stupid, but it's not violent.
- Bart: Oh, yeah!?
- Homer: Bart?
- [Homer grabs the remote control tries to change the channel, but it doesn't. Homer then notices the TV parts on the floor.]
- Homer: Why you little...
- Bart: Whoa, gotta run. Good night folks!
- [Homer chokes Bart who Bart chokes back when Maggie opens the curtains. Lisa and Maggie then clap.]