Wikisimpsons - The Simpsons Wiki
- The term avoision originated in the literature of the anti-taxation movement in the U.S. in the 1970s; it was coined to get around laws against advocating or providing advice relating to tax evasion.
- From the words avoidance and evasion, both meaning: keeping away from or preventing from happening.
- From the Middle English word avoiden and the Latinevasionem
- verb plural:avoisions
- stay clear from; keep away from; keep out of the way of someone or something
- Kent Brockman - Uses this word on-air.
"I don't say evasion, I say avoision."
This is a reference to a William Shatner outtake where he argues with his director over "sabotage": "You say sabotage. I say sabot-age" (rhyming with the word badge).
|Adultivity • Appling • Aserose • Avoision • Bagzooka • Banjoologist • Bartesque • Bathiola • Beginualize • Buh • Cromulent • D'oh • Frogurt • Goomar • Kwyjibo • Lupper • Obo-mo-boe • Tuba-ma-ba • Vegetabletarian • Vio-ma-lin|