User Pages are pages that allow the user to tell other users about themselves. They can be freely edited by the user. There are some guidelines that must be followed though.
Users can no longer create a user page until they become autoconfirmed. You can become autoconfirmed after making an undisclosed amount of edits and being around on the wiki for a while. This is a spam prevention method and it not intended as a punishment. It can also spur users into making edits and getting involved in the wiki.
- Other non-admins can not edit a user page that is not theirs without permission from the user in question.
- Users can not use their user pages to verbally attack other users or people.
- Users can not add fake message notifications on their userpage.
- A user is allowed a total of three personal images on their user page.
- All images must be not offensive or abusive and must not be explicit.
- IP Addresses are not allowed user pages.
Users and other user pages
An user can edit other user pages for a few reasons:
- There is a red link on that page.
- There is a category that the user page does not belong to or is a red link category.
- There is a red image link or one of the images that goes against the above rules.
- To remove any other content that goes against the above rules.
Admins can also protect the other user page if:
- It is getting vandalized.
- If the user spends too much time editing it instead of the main space.
Protection is usually temporary except in extreme circumstances.
Users can have subpages of their user page for other information. For these subpages, the usual userspace rules apply unless stated otherwise. For example, a user may start to create a page in the userspace that will be mainspaced and allow anyone to edit it. You can only edit another user's subpage if it matches the same criteria as user pages.
If someone vandalizes another user page, then any user can feel free to revert that vandalism. Vandalism to user pages is still vandalism and is a punishable offense on this wiki.
Wikisimpsons policies and guidelines
| Ages • Character statuses • Images • Naming • Non-canon • Notability • Only revert once • Plagiarism • Protection policy •|
• Reusing Images • Spam • Sourcing and Referencing • Speedy deletions
|Users and accounts|
|Account names • Administrators • Multiple accounts • Signature • User pages • Vandalism|
|Talk pages • Assume Good Faith|