Wikisimpsons:Songs Improvement Drive Competition
The Wikisimpsons Songs Improvement Drive Competition is a competition for wiki editors. The idea is simply to improve on our song articles, make them complete and fit the proper format. There will also be points for creating song articles, but only if they fit in with the notability policy. It will start from June 1st and run until July 31st and will run off Wikisimpsons' clock.
Tasks to be done
- Go through the song category looking for articles to be improved.
- Infoboxes need to be added to articles and fully completed, including lengths of songs, singers, characters, etc.
- Lyrics need to be complete, with none of the dialogue before or after the song. If it appeared on the album like that, it should be under a subheader of "album lyrics" or something like that.
- The openings of the articles should be in-universe, unless the song itself wasn't sung in the episode or in character.
- Behind the Laughter stuff should include the writer of the lyrics, music and what the song is a parody of, if it's a parody.
- All categories needed should be added to the page.
- The song must be added to the List of songs page under the appropriate season, in the correct format.
- Upload images of the songs being sung, when appropriate, and add them to the infoboxes.
The points system
The points system is fairly complicated since various song articles are in various states of quality. Therefore, Solar Dragon will judge entries himself and will award entries a mark out of 10. The one with the most points at the end of the competition will be the winner.
The leaderboard can be seen from here. It lists the users entered in the competition and the amount of points they have.
There is only one prize for the winner, as this is a fairly limited scope. The winner will win a The Simpsons album of their choice, subject to availability. Of course, if the album you want is not available, we can't get it for you. We'll do our best to get the one you want though.
Now for the rules:
- Users must have an account on Wikisimpsons. You can make a brand new account if you don't have one and still be in the running, but you must have an account.
- Every user with an account is in the running to win, including admins.
- The competition is open to anyone in the world. Sorry if there are any Rigellians living on Rigel VII, you're not allowed to enter (please don't probe me).
- Only edits made between June 1st at 0:00 EDT and July 31st 23:59 EDT will count. You can not submit any edits from before these dates as entries. This gives everyone equal opportunity to win.
- All entries must be submitted on our entry submission form page. Entries not submitted on it will not be entered and judged.
Entries can be submitted on our special competition page. You select the revision of the edit you want to submit and submit it. It will then be judged and given a score. You can submit your entries though this page. If for any reason you are unable to submit a revision through this system, please send a link to your revision to Solar Dragon and it will be reviewed manually.