I'm off from school for about a month, so I'd like to get through as many feature requests / bug fixes as I can in that time. I'd like to get some kind of official bug tracker set up soon, but until then this wiki page should suffice. I'm going to list as many requests/bugs as I can remember, but please feel free to add more if I've missed any or you'd like to see something else implemented.
- reCAPTCHA not working for anons.
- A question based captcha has been introduced while a fix for this is investigated.
- PWB not working directly off of main server.
- Investigate issue with italics in page titles.
- Staff Area
- Chat box for live communication.
- Forums for extended discussion.
- Potentially email for site notifications.
- Wiki tools and reports to help with maintenance.
- Button to mark old image revisions for deletion.
- Further skin improvements and cleanup.
- Update MediaWiki extensions to latest 1.23 (LTS) version.
- I've implemented some new meta tags within the last few days which should help with SEO, but I'd like to work on further improvements as well. I'd really like to see Wikisimpsons surpass Wikia in 2016.
- I would like to find some way to highlight our Tapped Out content, since that is one area where we excel over pretty much every other site. (In large part thanks to LetsPlayNintendoITA's hard work.) Potential ideas include:
- A Tapped Out specific version of Wikisimpsons Answers which would be easier to market from an SEO standpoint. (Downside: Potentially kills off Answers since most questions are about Tapped Out.)
- A mobile app which integrates walkthroughs from the wiki and Q/A from either the aforementioned site or Wikisimpsons Answers.
- Better relations with the various Tapped Out blogs that use our content, perhaps through a new Tapped Out Representative role.
Please offer your feedback on any of these ideas on the talk page.