- New article from the Springfield Shopper: Season 32 News: Promotional images for “Treehouse of Horror XXXI” have been released!
- Wikisimpsons has a Discord server! Click here for your invite! Join to talk about the wiki, Simpsons and Tapped Out news, or just to talk to other users.
- Make an account! It's easy, free, and your work on the wiki can be attributed to you.
- Welcome to Wikisimpsons!
25 Books to Read Before You're Murdered
Wikisimpsons - The Simpsons Wiki
25 Books to Read Before You're Murdered is a list of crime novels that Chief Wiggum got a librarian to compile.
25 Books to Read Before You're Murdered
- Alfred Hitchcock's Favorite Ghost-Written Ghost Stories; a reference to Alfred Hitchcock and "ghostwriters".
- The Big Slurp.
- The Black Cat in the Hat; a parody of both The Cat in the Hat, by Dr. Seuss, and The Black Cat, by Edgar Allan Poe.
- Charlie Chan and the Curse of the Talented Mr. Ripley; a reference to the fictional detective Charlie Chan, the 1981 film Charlie Chan and the Curse of the Dragon Queen, and the film The Talented Mr. Ripley.
- Encyclopedia Brown Finds His Keys; a parody of the Encyclopedia Brown book series, written by Donald J. Sobol.
- The English Muffin Mystery by Ellery Queen Elizabeth.
- Fletch Buys the Farm; a reference to the mystery novel Fletch, by Gregory Mcdonald.
- The Friends of Eddie Cantor; a reference to entertainer Eddie Cantor and the novel The Friends of Eddie Coyle, by Geroge V. Higgins.
- Gorky Port; a reference to Gorky Park, a crime novel by Martin Cruz Smith, named after the leisure park in Moscow.
- I, the Jewelry; a parody of I, the Jury by Mickey Spillane. The author's name is a pun on Mickey Spillane and on Tiffany & Co., which is world-famous for its jewelry.
- In Cold Borscht; a reference to Truman Capote's In Cold Blood, and makes reference to Borscht, a popular soup dish eaten in many central and eastern European countries.
- The Lawyer; a reference to the work of John Grisham, a lawyer and author.
- A Murder Most Mysterious; a reference to Agatha Christie books.
- A Mystery Most Murderous; a reference to Agatha Christie books.
- The Name of the Eye of the Day of the Silence of the Rose Needle Jackal Lambs; a reference to The Name of the Rose, The Eye of the Needle, The Day of the Jackal, and The Silence of the Lambs.
- The New Marsupials.
- The Postman Always Ring-A-Ding-Ding's; a reference to the crime novel The Postman Always Rings Twice, by James M. Cain, and the Frank Sinatra phrase "Ring-A-Ding-Ding!", which was later turned into a song and album. The author, James M. Sinatra, is a reference to both Cain and Sinatra.
- The Presumed Innocence of Father Brown; a reference to The Innocence of Father Brown, a collection of short stories by G. K. Chesterton about the fictional priest Father Brown.
- Sherlock Holmes and the Grand Slam Breakfast; a parody of the Sherlock Holmes book series, written by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.
- The Spy Who Came in with a Cold; a parody of spy novel The Spy Who Came in from the Cold. The author, Iam Flegmy, is a parody of James Bond author Ian Fleming.
- The Thin Mint; a reference to Dashiell Hammett's detective novel The Thin Man.
- The Third S'more.
- Tinker, Tailor, Stinker, Sailor; a reference to the John le Carré's spy novel Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy.
- T is for Title; a reference to Sue Gafton's mystery novel "T" Is for Tresspass.
- To Mock a Killingbird; a parody of To Kill a Mockingbird, written by Harper Lee.
| The 10 Dos and 500 Don'ts of Knife Safety • 101 Great Foie Gras Recipes • 101 Spank-Ternatives • 1001 Names for New Age Babies • 1876 • 1989: The Year of Armageddon • 1,000,001 Kenken Puzzles • 20 Great Walks in Madrid • The 4-H Guidebook • 40 Years of Playboy • 50 Shales of Gray • The 60ft. Baby • The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Pre-Teens • 99 Hilarious Phone Messages • A9000 Repair and Maintenance Manual • A B C • Act One • Advanced Marketing • The Adventures of Larry the Lamb • Alice in Wonderland • Al Roker on Poker • All-Star Classics • Already-Solved Crossword Puzzles • The Age of Incense • Am I Disabled? • An Allowance Saver's Guide to Paris • And Then They Took Naps • Anna Karenina • The Answer • Are You There Geode, It's Me Margaret • Arsenio! • The Art of Radioactive Man • The Art of War • Atkins Diet • Aura, Aura, Aura • Automatic Autocrat 21 Days to Oppressive Power! • The Baby Sitter Twins • Backdoors to Citizenship • Backwaters and Crapholes • Bart's Baby Pictures • The Bartender's Bible • Be Your Own Dentist • The Bear Went Over the Mountain • The Beauty Myth • Beginning Marketing • The Berenstain Bears • The Berrystained Bears Stick Together • Beta Testing Made Easy • The Bible for Wise-Asses • The Big Book of British Smiles • The Big Book of Cheaters • The Big Book of Cheaters • A Book Without Pictures • Bossypants • Brecht on Theatre • The Bridges of Madison County • The Bridges of Springfield County • The Brothers Karamazov • Burns, the Art of the Raw Deal • Burr • Bye-Bye Boyfriend • Calm and Calmer: The Zen of Being Free • Canine Surgery • Caring for Crystals • Carrie • The Cat Wears a Hat • Charity Chicks • Charlotte's Web • Chekov's Gun and Other Alibis • Chicken Soup for the Damned Soul • Chicken Soup for the Loser • Chicks with Cliques • A Child's Garden of Edison • A Child's Guide to the Brat Pack • The Chronicles of Equalia • Cinderella • Clan of the Cave Otter • Class Presidents Through History • Classics for Children • Cleanse of the Cave Bear • Clue in the Clock • The Collectible Comic Guide to Collecting Collectible Comics • The Common Sense Book of Baby and Child Care • The Complete Works of Agatha Christie • Complete Works of Oscar Wilde • The Comprehensive 20 Year Simpsons Episode Guide • Cooking with a Smile • The Corrections • The Creative Habit • Curious George and the Ebola Virus • Crying on the Inside • Death in Venice • Daisy Plucker • The Death of Ivan Ilyich • The Demure McClure • A Director Prepares • Disney's Pyramus and Thisbe • Do-It-Yourself Plumbing • Dr. Marvin Monroe's Guide to Etiquette • Duff Book of World Records • Eat My Quartz • Eat, Pray, Love • Eating Healthy on a Movie Star's Salary • Ecosystem of the Marsh • The Empty Space • Encyclopedia Generica • The Encyclopedia Self-Destructica • The End is Near: 50th Anniversary Edition • Enormous Book of Trees we Love • Ethan Frome • Everybody Goops • Extra Credit • Fahrenheit 451: The Cookbook • Faking your Death the E-Z Way • Famous Jewish Clowns: A Pictorial • Famous Pens of Scandinavia • Famous Springfieldianites • A Farewell to Arm • A Farewell to Arms • Fatherhood • Fear of Flying • Feeding 4-1/2 People • Find Waldo, Yet Again • The Firm • FLeSK Manual • Floss, I Hardly Knew Ye • Fold Yourself Rich • The French Really Are Nice People • Frankincense and Sensibility • From Heck • From Loser to User • Fun With Potholders • The Fuzzy Li'l Gnome • Gallop Girls • Gay Guide to Springfield • Gentle Tales for Good Boys • Geometry • The Girl Who Regretted Her Tattoo • The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo • The Gloria M. Stein Story • Go, Dog. Go! • The Godfather • Goldilocks and the Three Bears • Goldfinger • Gone with the Wind • Good Grief, More Peanuts • Good Night, Gorilla • Goodnight Moon • Gravity's Rainbow • Great Big Book of Chinese Swearing • Great Expectations • Great Russian Novels from Pushkin to Solzhenitsyn • Great Speeches • Greatest Sports Injuries • Guide to Infantile Distress • The Guns of Navarrone • Hands Off My Jerky, Turkey • Happiness is a Naked Steve Allen • The Happy Little Elves Go To Vegas • The Happy Little Elves' Wide World of Nuclear Fission • The Hardy Borgs • The Harpooned Heart • The Harpooned Heart II: Thunder Down Under • He's Just Not That Into You • Heaven is Real • Hell Itchy: The Roger Meyers, Jr. Story • Helter Skelter • The History of Cobwebs • The History of Fox Television: Condensed Version • Hobo Haiku • Homer, I Hardly Knew Me • Hop On Pop • Horse Etiquette Volume 3 • How to Cook for Forty Humans • How to Cook Humans • How to Cope • How To Get Rich Writing Cartoons • How to Get Rich Writing CD-Rom Games • How to Loot Brazil • How to Make Love to Steve Allen • How to Pronounce Feng Shui • How to Talk to a Drunk Father • How to Tunnel out of Prison • The How, Why, and Huh? Book of Weather • Howling at a Concrete Moon • The Hungry, Hungry Caterpillar • I Am Not Benjamin Spock, But I Know Kids! • i, Bully • I Didn't Do It! The Bart Simpson Story • I Left my ♥ on... Potato Rock • I Won the Trial of the Century • I, Suds • In Cold Blood • Incense and Sensibility • Is Your Spouse a Souse? • It's All Luck • Itchy & Scratchy: The Movie • Jack and Jill • Jazz Giant • Jobs • Journey to the Center of Steve Allen • The Joy of Cooking Milhouse • The Joy of Cooking Steve Allen • The Joy of Sax • The Kama Sutra • "Kids" and other four~letter words • King of Queens and Full House • Kiss the Girls • Kitchen A.I. Owner's Manual • Knots for Tots • Larry Snotter and the School for Monsters • Leaves of Grass • Life of Leonardo • Like Hell I Can't • Lil' Rocket Scientist Vol. 3 • Lisa's Made for the Shade Summertime Reading List • The Little Prince • Little Women • Lost Girls • The Lottery • Love Among the Asteroids • Love and More Love • Love in the Time of Coloring Books • Love in the Time of Scurvy • Lucy the Giant • Malibu Stacy Saves Earth Day • Man and Anchorman • Man and Superman • A Man, a Plan, a Canal, Panama! - The 800 Best-Loved Teddy Roosevelt Palindromes • The Man in the Iron Mask • Marge's Lascivious Library of Unbridled Romance Novels • Master of the Senate • The Masterworks of El Barto • Math Book • Math for Underachievers • Math Safari • Me: The Monty Burns Story Vol. IV - The Twenties • Me a Mogul? Hell, Yes! • Medical Dictionary • Mensa's Favorite Recipes • Merv • Microwave Black Magic • Milhouse's Guide to Keeping It Cool • Model U.N. Charter • The Monorail Conductors Aptitude Test • Mornings on Horseback • Mother Goose's Nursery Rhymes • The Murderer Did It • The Mystery of the Odd-Shaped Rock • Mystic Arts for Dummies • Nacho Cheese, Mine! • Nate Silver Can't Add • The New American Dictionary • The New Big Book of Cheaters • The New Our Caddies, Ourselves • No Food? No Problem • Normal Childhood Behavior • Nuclear Safety Procedures Vol. 1 • Odder Stuff: A Fan's Guide • Old Billionaire Digest • On Becoming a Despot • On the Mend: The Daredevil Lance Murdoch Story • One Thousand and One Vulgar Marching Band Formations • The Only Comics Guide You'll Ever Need • Our Bellies, Ourselves • Out of the Mouth of Abe • P.S.A.T. for Pre-Teens • A People's History of the United States • The Perils of Global Warming • Pippi in the South Seas • Postcards from the Hedge • Prenup Law • The Princess in the Garden • Project Rainbow: A Plan to Economically Conquer Springfield • Public Enema #1 • Quilting Bee • The Radioactive Man Collection • Rapture for Dummies • Real Estate Law • Recipes to Think About in Bed • The Red Pony • Relationship Repair • Religionhood • Retrospecticus • Rich Man, Poor Wife - A Guide to Divorce • Rub the Rabbit • The Rug Less Vacuumed • Sally Circle in Rectangu-Land • The Satanic Verses • The Scarlet Letter • Schrödinger's Bat • Science by Scientists • Scratch 'n' Sniff Senate • Sebastian Cabot's Beard Book • The Secret of the Milk Can Escape • Secret World History • Sense & Sensibility • Sexus • The Shining • Simply Unevictable: A Tenant's Guide • The Smugglers of Pirate Cove • Society of American Baseball Research • Someone's in the Kitchen with Jesus • So You've Decided to Steal Cable • Shōgun • Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants • Springfield Bell • The Springfield Journal of Cardiology • Springfield Municipal Voter's Guide • Springfield Yellow Pages • Star Searcher • Stanislavski! • Steal This Book • The Strapping Tradesman's All-Purpose Tool • Sudoku Number Ideas • The Super Fan's Unofficial Guide to Thicker than Waters • Sweet Valley High • Talent, Schmalent: How to Build Your Own Boy Band • Taming Your Parents • Taming Your Wild Child • Tao Te Ching • Teacher's Edition • Teacher's Manual • Teaching Computers to Simpletons • Tek War • The Ten Habits of Highly Successful Criminals • Ten Trite Tales • There Will Be Permission Slips • Texas Home School Book Depository • Theatre of the Oppressed •' Theodore Rex • Theory of Evolution • There's a Rainbow in My Basement • Thin by Third Grade • Thomas Edison • Thomas Edison: Our Greatest Living Inventor • Throw Your Voice • Timequake • Tintin in Paris • Tome • Top 10 Places To See Before You Mysteriously Disappear • To Serve Man • Trinity • The Truth About Whacking Day • Tubberware Sales Manual • Tuesdays with Morrie • Tuesdays with Morrie in Hell • Turbo Diary • TV Guide: Our Greatest Covers • Ulysses • Unicorns and Me • U.S. HIStory • Vegetables Without Tears • The Velveteen Rabbit • Virtually Springfield: The New Tech Era • Visit Peru • Watch out Utica: The Proud History of Springfield • Weetzie Bat • What to Expect When You're Ejected • What to Expect When You're Expecting the Antichrist • When Bad Things Happen To Cute Children • Where Are My Residuals? • Who Made That Barrel? You Did! • Who Really Killed J.F.K. • Who Wants to Be a Brazilionaire? • Who's Afraid of a Little Rain • Whomp! The History of Whacking Day • Wifey • Will There Ever Be a Rainbow? • Wince: The Power of Flinching Without Flinching • The Wind in the Willows • With No Apologies • Women Who Give and Give and the Men Who Take and Take • World's Easiest Crossword Puzzles • Xenophobia Today: When Irish Eyes Are Smilin', You've Just Been Robbed • Yertle the Tertle • You Have The Right To Remain Sexy • Your Gimmicky Restaurant • Zagat's Guide to World Religions