"Destination Springfield, Football 2017 and Valentine's 2017"
- "The New Year has been rung in, and the soggy decapitated goat heads have been wrung out. With Springfield getting back to normal, what will be next for your town? An inaugural incident? A romp around the world? A valentine visit from a gluttonous gal? Maybe some military miseducation? You'll just have to wait and find out!"
- ―Event description on iTunes and Play Store
- "The heretics have had their time and a new year has been celebrated. As the religious riots settle and the townsfolk get back to their normal lives, what's next for your town? An inaugural incident? A romp around the world? An invasion of bow wielding gnomes?"
- ―Event description on Amazon Store
- "Want all the charm of international travel without ever having to take a bad passport photo? Get prepared for some global adventures from the comfort of your own Springfield!"
- ―Event teaser on Facebook
- "Why bother seeing famous landmarks abroad when you can just build cheap replicas at home? Turn your Springfield into the world’s largest tourist trap – take that Branson, Missouri – with notable monuments, colorful characters, a global epidemic and more… Will your town become the world’s hot new travel destination? Play today and find out!"
- ―Event description on App Store.
The Simpsons: Tapped Out Destination Springfield, Football 2017 and Valentine's 2017 was released on January 31st, 2017 and is the one hundred and forty-fourth content update. It was teased on the official Facebook Page on January 25, 2017. The update had one main event and 2 secondary updates.